$76 inside

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by Dave G Ct, Feb 1, 2020.

  1. Dave G Ct, Feb 1, 2020

    Dave G Ct

    Dave G Ct Member

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2015
    Messages:
    7,661
    Likes Received:
    1,177
    Gender:
    Male
    Thought I would go into some plays off some betting strategies.With $76 inside( $18 6&8- $20 -5&9) I like to go to $35 5&9 or $30 6&8 on first hit.If the group that I just pressed up I would in the case of 5&9 take the $49 payout and reduce to $15 5&9 taking another $50 off the board. Like wise regress with theb$30 6&8 down to $12 ea.

    Now if I get a lot of non paying numbers I regress on first hit and play it safe.Lessons from " Craps Hawaii"

    Lots of options!
     
    #1
  2. random_roller, Feb 1, 2020

    random_roller

    random_roller Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2015
    Messages:
    4,317
    Likes Received:
    5,950
    Aren't you more of a 4 & 10 shooter?

    If you are the shooter and the point is 4 (or 10), that means you have $76 inside plus $10 on the line (and odds). So you'll have @$100 on the table, plus the $5 Fire. That seems unlike you, Dave.
     
    #2
    yacraps likes this.
  3. Dave G Ct, Feb 1, 2020

    Dave G Ct

    Dave G Ct Member

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2015
    Messages:
    7,661
    Likes Received:
    1,177
    Gender:
    Male
    Random Roller

    Yes I play mostly the 4&10 w a $5 h.w.. But I always liked an inside game where regression will come in to play.Most players gravitate to $66 inside but it is inferior to $76 inside .Why? You can power press the 5&9 and the 6&8 and recover your investment in 2 hits sometimes.When placing a considerate amount of money in play you need a decent return or you might just as well come down after 3 hits- now nothing wrong with that.

    The best inside play by far is $130 inside. Why? So many options.Yoy can be conservative and regress on the first 2 hits and be only $30 down. Many press options . You cannot depend on 20-30 roll hands.
    I never play both approaches at the same time.Remember you want to be at or near your initial investment return after 2 hits
     
    #3
  4. DeMango, Feb 1, 2020

    DeMango

    DeMango Member

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2010
    Messages:
    5,808
    Likes Received:
    2,536
    Gender:
    Male
    Mike Tyson’s famous words come to mind. Something about a great plan until you get hit by a seven.
     
    #4
    yacraps and random_roller like this.
  5. KokomoJoe4, Feb 1, 2020

    KokomoJoe4

    KokomoJoe4 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2013
    Messages:
    6,013
    Likes Received:
    5,131
    $76 (or for that matter any usable amount) inside has you at a 50% chance of seeing a winner, 33% chance of seeing no harm, no foul and 17% chance of loss of all.

    Your arrangement risks $76 to win $21-27 (29 if you can buy).

    Wait, now I see you saying that $130 inside is even better.

    This is Seven Out's favorite play. I think he puts out a H6 and H8 as well. If it works for you, go for it, but I'd use most of the $130 either as a 10 flat/100 odds Come or buy the four for $110.

    You are more likely to get a hit, but I'll win a lot more than you on one hit, and it's possible we'll both see the wrong number before a winner, If that happens, I still have 4 reds that you do not. ;)
     
    #5
    yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  6. random_roller, Feb 1, 2020

    random_roller

    random_roller Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2015
    Messages:
    4,317
    Likes Received:
    5,950
    Anytime you are willing to risk having more money on the craps table, you will have more betting options. Doesn't mean better options, necessarily, but certainly more options.

    I'll bet $60 each on the 6 & 8 with $5 (or $10 if they've been hitting) HW on both. If I'm up, same bet on the first hit, replacing the HW if necessary. If I'm down big, regress to $30 or $42 each on the 1st hit, replacing the HW if necessary. In either case, press the HW $10 if it hits.

    For a few shooters, I'll Buy the 4 & 10 for $50 each, with $10 HW on both ($125 total action, including vig). First hit on a number is pressed to $75, banking the other $72 (after $3 vig), replacing the HW if necessary.

    I generally avoid inside or outside betting after the point is established unless I'm way up or it's the end of the session (and I'm coloring up after the roll).

    Alas, the early 7 will be the Mike Tyson right hand to the jaw equivalent to those who have made big bets with the dice, as DeMango noted above.
     
    #6
    yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  7. random_roller, Feb 1, 2020

    random_roller

    random_roller Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2015
    Messages:
    4,317
    Likes Received:
    5,950
    Hmmm...what kind of vig does your local casino charge on a Buy 4, lol?

    At my local casino, even in the midst of all the government corruption and organized crime, I can buy the 4 for $105 ($100 bet + $5 vig). Perhaps my local casino has a better supplier than yours?
     
    #7
    yacraps likes this.
  8. DeMango, Feb 1, 2020

    DeMango

    DeMango Member

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2010
    Messages:
    5,808
    Likes Received:
    2,536
    Gender:
    Male
    Vig on win I hope.
     
    #8
    yacraps likes this.
  9. Dave G Ct, Feb 1, 2020

    Dave G Ct

    Dave G Ct Member

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2015
    Messages:
    7,661
    Likes Received:
    1,177
    Gender:
    Male
    Random

    .I would go to $42 on first hit on both.Then back to $60 on both.
    Or same bet then to $90 on bet that hit .Same bet then to $180.Options
     
    #9
  10. random_roller, Feb 1, 2020

    random_roller

    random_roller Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2015
    Messages:
    4,317
    Likes Received:
    5,950
    Unfortunately, the vig is charged on the buy at Rivers Casino (Des Plaines, IL). At least the first $1 vig gets up to $39 Buy 4 (or 10).
     
    #10
    yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  11. KokomoJoe4, Feb 2, 2020

    KokomoJoe4

    KokomoJoe4 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2013
    Messages:
    6,013
    Likes Received:
    5,131
    I wanted to keep my amount bet to $110 just to save $20 from what Dave would be losing on the quick seven out, but since I can buy for $39 with $1 vig on the win, I can also get $110 for $5 on the win.
     
    #11
    yacraps likes this.
  12. Mssthis1, Feb 2, 2020

    Mssthis1

    Mssthis1 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2016
    Messages:
    3,293
    Likes Received:
    5,241
    All the casinos close to home charge up front. $26 is the most they'll allow at $1 vig. At least it's only the first bet. Since they're also $5 tables I start making come bets right away.

    I assume Rivers is $15 min since it's in the Chicongo region?
     
    #12
    yacraps likes this.
  13. basicstrategy777, Feb 2, 2020

    basicstrategy777

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2010
    Messages:
    10,092
    Likes Received:
    9,704
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    CT.
    Curious as to the buy in from you folks on this type first bets right after come out.

    777
     
    #13
    Mssthis1 and yacraps like this.
  14. yacraps, Feb 2, 2020

    yacraps

    yacraps Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2011
    Messages:
    4,441
    Likes Received:
    4,787
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    san diego
    it would have to be a large one to have any chance of success...I don't like to bet a lot to win little
     
    #14
    basicstrategy777 likes this.
  15. Mssthis1, Feb 2, 2020

    Mssthis1

    Mssthis1 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2016
    Messages:
    3,293
    Likes Received:
    5,241
    $500 with two reloads in my pocket. That's all I care to risk in one session. The second reload rarely comes out. I either go do something else or call it a day.

    Any more I play using this rule.

     
    #15
  16. basicstrategy777, Feb 2, 2020

    basicstrategy777

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2010
    Messages:
    10,092
    Likes Received:
    9,704
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    CT.
    That should be this boards theme song....I love it.....

    another version; great stuff



    777
     
    #16
  17. yacraps, Feb 2, 2020

    yacraps

    yacraps Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2011
    Messages:
    4,441
    Likes Received:
    4,787
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    san diego
    [email protected]#$king 777s..LOL..:D
     
    #17
    KokomoJoe4 likes this.
  18. yacraps, Feb 2, 2020

    yacraps

    yacraps Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2011
    Messages:
    4,441
    Likes Received:
    4,787
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    san diego
    "ninety days Jerry but whos gonna pay for my Cadillac na na na na when you hot you hot"
     
    #18