A look inside a practice session

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by Dave G Ct, May 16, 2019.

1. Dave G Ct, May 16, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Thought I would share the workings of a typical practice session. My UH toss has been " on" for a couple months but I am looking for more fluidity a.I have a pretty low UH toss 4-6" in height touching down around 22" from the back wall.I am looking for mirror shots of one another. So I will spend 20 or so minutes tossing and judging the results. Using the V-2 set I want to see hard 4&10's as well as some soft ones. Rebounds must be short 1-4" and of course Side by Side. I am going back and forth with a balanced 2 finger placement of my fingers on each dice face to one that's a shade unbalanced. Actually been getting good results from both.

Now in my next practice usually a little later I toss onto my velur throw and examine the dice imprints on the velur which are like finger prints .Most are side by side maybe a 1/4-1/2" in separation and perpendicular to the back wall .A really great aid!
    So nothing earth shaking but a sensible approach which has been working.

2. gargoil01, May 16, 2019

gargoil01

gargoil01 Member

Nice work on the velour Dave. One thing to try in practice is to make ONE minor change and see if the results are better or worse. We strive to make our toss better for good results. Don't make too many changes because then you lose your baseline. Make a minor change and try it for a few days and document the outcome. As long as you have consistency then you should be able to tell if the change is good or not.

Nice job on the hard ways
    G

3. Dave G Ct, May 16, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

G
    Thx for the input. Yes like the velur to validate a change.

4. lone irish digit, May 17, 2019

lone irish digit

This is Barney

Dave sure stepped up his game after wife bought him new mattress to practice on after her big slot win. Also his work with the Dices Mechanic on the effects of GSR, finger pressure, and most softest velour probably didn't hurt.

Mssthis1 likes this.
  5. Dave G Ct, May 17, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Yes that velur throw was from Macy's not one of those $1 stores. Looks good !!

6. Dave G Ct, May 17, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Talking about stepping up your game - some people here instead of pushing the envelope they are hiding it!

Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.