A suggestion from The Before Time

Discussion in 'Bankroll Management' started by The Midnight Skulker, Oct 13, 2014.

1. The Midnight Skulker, Oct 13, 2014

The Midnight Skulker

I got really bored on my day off today (Columbus Day) and ended up searching for an article in the rec.gambling.craps newsgroup. I didn't find what I was looking for but I did stumble onto a post I made in a thread from March, 2007, with a subject of "One of the most important rules in the game of craps...".

---------- Usenet article ----------
    I don't totally agree with this recommendation because it ignores utility, but it is a viable approach to money management. In effect you're saying, if I understand you, "Never have more than your original bankroll in your rack. If at any time the amount in your rack exceeds your original buyin pocket the excess. When your rack is empty, quit." As you say, simple, and better than your original variation on a useless cliché[, which was, "Always quit a winner!"]. Might I suggest labeling it "The System of Cheques and Balances"?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  2. SevenOut, Oct 14, 2014

SevenOut

SevenOut Member

The last week of November 1872 at the Boise Gentleman's Club, six farmers played the State of Idaho's first "legal" Bank Craps game, among the Faro and Poker games. Dice were irregular cubes of "bone" ivory or rarely the ivory form an elephant tusk, but all irregular at that time in history. To keep the game honest, the Madam running the table games use to make ten, as identical as possible, cubes of potato and set them outside for an hour to freeze solid. Alternating the group of five dies, as they began to thaw, while in play.

Once frozen, Boise Councilman Toby Skulker spotted all six sides of each die with the burnt end of a wooden match and put them into play, upon the 8 foot tub. The first "honest game of Bank Craps in the western USA".

Today, because of the ingenious way that Toby Skulker used the Irish Potato... the six bags of "Irish" potatoes that were used as chips by the three radish growing farmers for wagering at this Craps table... changed history. Idaho became the Idaho Potato State.

If it were not for the need for Honest Potato Dice... the state of Idaho would not be the Potato State, but the Radish State. We could be eating Radish Chips with our 4th of July cook outs.

Now you know the rest of the story... Would SevenOut make something like this up? He just is no sharper than that chunk of lumber holding the Boxman's Bank of Potato "chips".

So I do not have to edit this... Potatoes is the correct spelling, not Potatos... Dan Quail was correct and that weasel of a kid should have had his Jack Wacker kicked.

3. SevenOut, Oct 14, 2014

SevenOut

SevenOut Member

Look... if you missed the pun... Boxman's Potato "chips", you are all too far gone to go any further.