Best time to call the 'hop'?

Discussion in 'Prop Bets & Side Bets' started by dustedone, Nov 27, 2011.

1. dustedone, Nov 27, 2011

dustedone

dustedone Member

I was inquiring if anyone calls 'hopping' bets on a regular basis? I used to use a system that relied heavily of a 3-way hopping SEVEN, over the 4 to1 prop wager on the SEVEN. Now days I call a 2-way hopping FIVE on the come-out on a regular basis.

2. basicstrategy777, Nov 27, 2011

basicstrategy777

I'll bet it when I hear the "voices" or the point has not been rolled in a while.

3. epenak, Nov 27, 2011

epenak

epenak Member

Do you roll a particular dice set that you use?

If you consistently roll a 4, 5, 9 or 10, it makes sense to call a 2-way.

Do you bet the hop 5 on the come out only?

4. dustedone, Nov 27, 2011

dustedone

dustedone Member

As for dice setting, I really have no faith in it. When I am the shooter I prefer the dice to be returned to me the way they had landed. I will say that my shooting style is low angle, low velocity, single bounce hitting only the back wall with little roll-out of the dice. And I like to shoot from the number one position, right or left side I have no preference.(tipping the dealers and asking them not to reset the dice after I shoot is easier from the number one spot, plus I do make prop bets also.)

I have shared with this forum my come-out approach to the game in the past. I use to work just the SIX and EIGHT place bets on the come-out but in the past few years I have added to the come-out roll the 2-way hopping FIVE. I have in the past also worked the FIVE place bet on the come-out, but the weigh-out risk vs. reward I have since dropped the working FIVE place bet for the 2-way hopping FIVE. I play the 2-way hop continuously until the wager has a pay-out or the table sevens-out.(profitability speaking though, if longer game play w/out a FIVE happens; I will concede that the table fallout of proportion to ones investment in this hopping wager will drop between the eighth roll and ninth roll.) Then at some time I will most likely wager a bet on the FIVE.(If I have gotten to the ninth roll I will be profiting on every roll anyhow.) I have posed the question in the past of the place bet vs. the 2-way hop; but got no answers. But now I ask, no wager vs. placing the FIVE for $30 vs. hopping the FIVE 2-way for $4?

5. JHPA

JHPA Member

The best time to call a hop? just before that number is thrown...

But seriously....

The only hop bets I do regularly are the following:

I hop the hardways $1 each on the come out but only after a front line win. That way I feel I am just re-investing some of the house money I just won.

I hop the nines after any 11.

I also "hop" the 11 after anynine - although I know that this is not really a Hop bet per se.

Other than that. I will occassionally throw one on the point if the shooter has hit a lot of non-point place numbers.

6. The Midnight Skulker, Nov 28, 2011

The Midnight Skulker

Virtually the only time I make a hop bet is when I have a point of 5 and want to put the crew in the game. I'll toss in a dollar and call, "4-1 for the poor ones."

7. $nakeEye$, Nov 29, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

The only time that I might " hop " a number - and I have done this pretty regular in the past month -

Is on MY come-out roll - as I set the " no 4 / no 10 " All 7 set - 4/3 - 5/2 -

I would " Hop the 7's for $1 each - total $3 - go up a unit on each hit - and also take a $1 Ace/Duece hop -

Only because if I did not produce a 7 on the C/O roll or a box number - I would catch the " Ace-Duece" -

I have since put the " Hop 7" bet on the back burner - and parlay my C/O winnings instead!

8. steve77, Jan 10, 2012

steve77

steve77 Member

i use the hop sevens regularly. come out rolls and when the point is a 4 or 10. i wait till the shooter has rolled a couple numbers and depending on the shooter i may start betting the sevens right away. usually the average shooter is gonna 7 out pretty quick

9. FredP

FredP Member

I feel the best time to hop the sevens is after a craps on the come out. I may be wrong, but it seems the seven comes out many times right after a craps on the come out.

Fred