Biden up 16..........

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Oct 7, 2020.

1. basicstrategy777, Oct 7, 2020

basicstrategy777

2. TDVegas, Oct 7, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Most definitely the polling was all wrong. Granted, he did NOT win the 5 most important states by a large margin. In fact of the 120 million cast....the 5 state difference was a couple hundred thousand votes.

The worry for Trump is NOT the base. The worry is the independents, uncommitted or those on the fence who might change their vote from 2016...coupled with a higher voting turn out in general. Time will tell.

He better win. A loss will spell doom for the GOP in terms of party direction. Trump is a “fuck em” type of guy as it relates to compromise. He wants it his way. All well and fine when you win but could spell BIG problems if you lose.

Good luck.

3. von duck, Oct 7, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

By "his base" you must be talking about the 97% of the Black and Latino vote, that BS says he has a lock on. :cool: Or are you talking about the Rednecks? :)

4. basicstrategy777, Oct 7, 2020

basicstrategy777

He who laughs last....laughs best.

5. Bases loaded, Oct 7, 2020

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

I don't think Trump is focused solely on the 'independents'. He would like their vote, and will work for it, but it's not his main strategy.

What Trump is trying to do, and he previewed it at the debate, is splinter Joe's support.

Trump said Biden has signed a deal with Bernie Sanders to enact some of his agenda in return for support of the Bernie Bros. Biden denied he did this. This may piss off the bros and dampen their enthusiasm for Biden. Less enthusiasm = less votes.

Trump said Joe will implement AOC's Green New Deal. Joe denied this and said he has his own 'energy deal'. This may piss off the AOC wing of the dem party and dampen their enthusiasm.

Trump wanted Joe to name judges he would nominate to the SC, and to say YES or NO would he 'pack' the court. Biden would not answer. This may piss off centrist dems and dampen their enthusiasm.

6. basicstrategy777, Oct 7, 2020

basicstrategy777

It seems impossible to me that those that say they will vote for biden know what he is for...and what camella is for........open borders...medical ins and benefits to illegals....green new deal...gun confiscation....abortion up to 9th month.....plus so much more .......I hope pense flat out ask camella about these things and if she is for them.....he MUST show the distinction between the 2 candidates..........I hope he plays offense most of the nite........can you imagine who will be the cabinet officersd.....it's enough to make you puke.

7. basicstrategy777, Oct 7, 2020

basicstrategy777

how'd the market do today ?

8. Mssthis1, Oct 7, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

9. von duck, Oct 7, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

Yes, Biden is a very good laugher. :cool: How's the fence, I mean, "wall" coming, and how much money has Mexico offered? :D

10. von duck, Oct 7, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

:confused: No, none of these things will get trump even one vote, not even one. :cool:

11. Bases loaded, Oct 7, 2020

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

I'm saying they won't vote at all. If they don't cast a vote for Biden, that is the same as a vote for Trump.

12. TDVegas, Oct 7, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Which is why yesterdays tweet was nonsense. Today he reversed himself and says he will talk.

You just can’t be playing games with the market like this where his fart tweet sends the markets crashing or a hairspray tweet makes it rise.

He should have said nothing yesterday and let them quietly continue to negotiate. If he wins, then he has leverage to say no. If he loses...then he doesn’t care what the f happens.

13. von duck, Oct 7, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

No, this may be the first election in history, where all 110% of eligible voters, cast a ballot. :)

Bases loaded likes this.
  14. TDVegas, Oct 7, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

And can the President just declare that he does not want to release his tax returns instead of this nonsense “they are under 24/7/365 audit and can’t be released”.

the tax experts have already taken a look. He likely used the same loopholes that Gates, Bezos, Buffet, Zuckerberg and a host of other wealthy individuals used. Ethical? Maybe no. Legal? Yep. Approved by congress. You can’t scream about a mouse trap that let the mouse out when you designed the flaw in the mouse trap. Jeez.

Just say it....

“I don’t want to release my taxes. I understand it is an informal public outing of finances and previous politicians have done it. Great. I don’t want to do it. I don’t want everyone and their brother scrutinizing my taxes for this loophole or that tax break to the point it becomes my focus to address every point for my next 4 years. I have better things to do”

“My taxes are my taxes. If the IRS has a criminal problem....then come after me. In 46 years of being a businessman, I’ve never been charged. Nuff said.”

“So, get over it. My taxes aren’t going to be publicly released”.

“Next question.”

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  15. von duck, Oct 7, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

Does this sound like a mentally stable person to you? Remmember that list of side effects, from the treatment medication? I think psychosis, was on the list somewhere. :cool: Uh huh, you're exactly right. :cool:

16. von duck, Oct 7, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

If you do not want to be scrutinized, or criticized, then don't GD run for president. If you are going to sit in the Oval Office, the American people, have a right to know exactly who you are, or are not. Just as a person joining the military, forfeits, their constitutional rights, so too does the president, he joined the military, in taking the office, he is the Commander in Chief. :cool:

17. TDVegas, Oct 7, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

No. There is no legal requirement for a president to show tax returns. It was started by Nixon in 1969. Ford also only released a 10 year summary.

It was a symbolic gesture. I didn’t care about Clinton’s tax return prior to office, nor GWB, nor Obama. The only reason people are screaming from the rooftop is because of the claimed extreme wealth.

Tough. Forbes does a fairly deep analysis of the 400. They have him at 3.2 billion.

Give it a rest. He’s not disclosing it nor is anyone getting those returns....unless thru unethical and illegal means.

As JFK told the press...“no one asked about my money, my homes, my wealth when I was off fighting in WWII. No one asked about it when my PT Boat was split in two. No one asked when I was on an island wondering if I would get out alive.”

in other words...fuck off.

Trump should be using the same tact...substituting being a businessman and trying to build an empire instead of fighting in a war.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  18. von duck, Oct 7, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

I didn't say there was any "Legal" requirement. It's an ethical thing, more like an obligation. No, he's not going to show them, it would prove too many things. :confused: You can pretty much tell who you're dealing with, by the number of people from whom he has had to buy silence. :cool:

19. TDVegas, Oct 7, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

When you used the word “right”....I inferred that to mean some legal right.

20. MisterInside, Oct 7, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

Today, Rasmussen has Biden up 15. On Election day 2016, Rasmussen had Hillary up 2. That is how the popular vote ended up.

Here's a state by state. If this is correct, Biden wins if he wins ANY ONE tossup state. Trump has a helluva uphill fight ahead of him. His popularity has slipped since he caught Covid.

upload_2020-10-7_18-36-3.png