BLM

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Aug 13, 2020.

1. basicstrategy777, Aug 29, 2020

basicstrategy777

Misterinside, what did trumo do to make things worse....he talks honest talk and THAT makes things worse....if so, the problems lies not with the talker.....777

yacraps likes this.
  2. Mssthis1, Aug 29, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

He didn't blame Trump. He just stated that it seems to have gotten worse since Trump has been in office.

Personally, I don't feel it's near as bad as the media is portraying it to be. When were in Vegas a few weeks back. The only protestors sighted were "save the children" protestors at the Vegas sign when we left the airport.

The huge protest that was supposed to happen on the strip that Friday night never materialized. From what I saw, the paid protestors were scamming their employer, partying and gambling instead of protesting. There was a heavy police presance, including federal, which I hadn't seen on the strip before.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    yacraps likes this.
  3. basicstrategy777, Aug 29, 2020

basicstrategy777

Sorry.Mssthis1.....I thought he said...."We've had a black President for 8 of the last 12 years. Racial relations got worse during his Presidency. Certainly, Trump inherited a bad situation and made things much worse."

I thought he said Trump made things worse....... nice catch.

yacraps likes this.
  4. Mssthis1, Aug 29, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the context.

In my opinion anyone living in the USA post WWII hit the sweet spot of the best time period and the best country to be alive in the history of mankind. The world will most likely never see a similar period anywhere in the future.

Maybe those who think it's so bad here should move to Beirut or Caracas and enjoy the good life.

yacraps likes this.
  5. basicstrategy777, Aug 29, 2020

basicstrategy777

Ahhhh...."context"....I shall add that to "clarify"...and " mis-interpret"..........I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either....I agree with your last post.

yacraps likes this.
  6. MisterInside, Aug 29, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

I meant that he is not a unifier, not a touchy-feely guy. Instead, he is pragmatic .He doesn't have time to build relationships.

His strengths have been economic and rescinding regulations.

yacraps likes this.
  7. TDVegas, Aug 29, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Trump is a you're with me or against me type of guy. He’s not going to play the game of trying to nicely convince people to come to his side. It’s not his way.

Right or wrong...he feels the way to approach anything is trust his own instincts and go forward. He really doesn’t give a shit if you don’t like his manner, tone or delivery. Frankly....he likely feels he can do his best work if he controls everything. No advisors. No lackeys. No yes men.

There are a lot of CEO’s who run their business this way. They may talk the talk of “surrounding themselves with good people” (Jeff Bezos for example)....but ultimately they rule their baby with an iron fist of micro management.

Whether Trump wins a second term remains to be seen. I’ll never count him out. 2016 enforced that.

yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  8. basicstrategy777, Aug 29, 2020

basicstrategy777

I believe Trump is a GREAT unifier......he has shown his compassion to all types of peoples over the years.......many have been with him many, many years ( men and woman)......who wants to unify with a sworn enemy of america.....I don't want that person/group for my friend....they are my enemy........because I believe Trump has American values and America, all americans with the values he has , are with him.......more and more americans will be with him because he is on the side of justice and the American way......he loves the flag...he loves the constitution...he loves america.....this will shine thru more and more.....his enemies and the enemies of America will always be against him......and this is good.....

I still don't understand how those that love America, love the flag, love the constitution, are against him.......for the life of me...i don't understand.....there has to be a chip loose somewhere....

Like I have said long ago....he will win in a landslide....the reason being there are more true patriots and true Americans out there than rioters and anti-trumpers.........if you are a democrat or independent......many will grudgingly admit he is the man for the job........a landslide I tell you........that's the way I see it.

yacraps likes this.
  9. MisterInside, Aug 29, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Children of God......Matthew 5:9

Back to Saratoga......I am 0 for 2 today.
    Race #9....I like #4 Channel Maker........$20 Win; $5 Exactas 4/6-4/6/7/8

yacraps likes this.
  10. basicstrategy777, Aug 29, 2020

basicstrategy777

Misterinside....as you know I have magical powers....I see a nice, unexpected win for you today.....not many races left but it will happen.

yacraps likes this.
  11. MisterInside, Aug 29, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

You convinced me that you have Magical Powers......Now get to work on the election. Do your thing! Channel Maker went wire-to-wire at 8/1. Sweet. I bet him because he ran his best races 2-3 years ago on off tracks. He likes the muck and the 1 1/2 distance (8 races, 2-1st; 2-2nd). I knew that heavy rain was coming too. Thanks, Laura!

$20 Win = $180.00
    $5 Exacta (4x6) = $193.75
    Total = $373.75

I needed it. I was down about $125 going into that race.......Thanks, again!

upload_2020-8-29_18-11-36.png

12. basicstrategy777, Aug 29, 2020

basicstrategy777

No problemo MisterInside..........my philosophy is 10 to 1.....someone does me 1 good, I do them 10 good.....someone does me 1 bad.....well, you get my drift....

You did an excellent job handicapping......I can't take all the credit......I love saratoga.....I've always said it is the prettiest track in the country.......I remember seeing 49er win there wire to wire....great horse.......enjoy your time there.......I wish

MisterInside and yacraps like this.
  13. yacraps, Aug 29, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

Channel Maker! yes you killed it ;)

MisterInside likes this.
  14. yacraps, Aug 29, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

'Oh what a day'.....sometimes crazy broads can be a good thing :)

15. MisterInside, Aug 29, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

When I hear Laura, I think of Laura Petrie on the Dick Van Dyke show. Every man in America had a crush on her.

When I hear Isiasasia, or whatever the hell that name was, I don’t think of Mary Tyler Moore. I think of an MSNBC broadcaster. Then I puke.

yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  16. MisterInside, Aug 29, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

If I stick with 777, he’ll put me in the diamond business (or something like that). Rooting home an 8/1 shot, who’s in front by 5 lengths, gives me a helluva thrill!

yacraps likes this.
  17. TDVegas, Aug 29, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Disagree. He feels he doesn’t have to be a unifier to be successful. He may say to people who oppose him “I don’t give a shit what you think”....“I’m going to do what I think is best for you and everybody. I’m not here to placate your feelings with unifying, feel good words that simply sound good”.

That person may benefit from Trumps actions (but will likely never admit it)....but he’s not going to be brought into the Trump fold. Trump doesn’t care. His attitude seems to be “I’m going to do what’s best for you and the country and I don’t give a damn if you unify with me”.

He will tell this person “you’re a stooge for your beliefs...but my motives are still to help you”. He’s a tough love guy. Lacks empathy. He’s not a baby holding person. He’s not a guy throwing the baseball with his kid in the backyard. He’s not a guy that puts his hand on your shoulder after you’ve suffered a defeat. He lacks an empathy gene. I don’t necessarily fault him for that. It’s just the way he is. His father was the same way.

Some people are not meant to be parents...doesn’t mean they are bad people and in fact they are good people, they just aren’t mom or dad material. Trump isn’t an empathy, unify personality.

He does what he feels he needs to do and hopes you benefit from it.

yacraps likes this.
  18. basicstrategy777, Aug 30, 2020

basicstrategy777

TDV.......The reason I say he is a unifier is because his policies are those that help ALL Americans.....particularly black Americans....he has done more for blacks than any president other than Lincoln......He wants America to be one happy family and he is working to make that happen, as evidenced by his past actions these last 4 years. Ultimately, people will slowly realize all that he has done and that will cause 'unification', I believe. Those that have worked for him and stayed with him for many years, love the guy.....and would do anything for him......he has gone out of his way , personally, to help people in need.....there are many stories of him doing these things throughout his life......no doubt just about everything you wrote is true, but not all........there is his business side and his personal side.....he does have a heart and is generous in his praise and money and deeds......he needs to maintain his steel exterior for domestic and foreign reasons.......his image of a strong, unbending MAN will propell him to victory in Nov....IMHFO.......note:Your view of him is that of many people....it's just incomplete

yacraps likes this.
  19. badddoin, Aug 30, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

20. basicstrategy777, Aug 30, 2020

basicstrategy777

Thing is....if all those other things give...bad/false/politically biased ....information.....and the guy is right a vast majority of the time, especially on monumental things....it is prudent to believe the one who is seldom wrong, proves the 'detractors' wrong, and gets results......you gotta go with the guy........there is no problem backing dictator if he is properly motivated, looks after his people, is strong enough to stand up to detractors and enemies of the country, believes in God, ...in short, acts like Trump......

you cannot trust anybody today to give you the unvarnished truth.....everybody lies......you need to believe what you see...what you hear from trusted sources.....your gut..........what does your gut tell you badd......would Trump be better for America than the celler dweller, who can't say after somebody sneezes...." God bless you"...without using a teleprompter.......how is this guy going to stand up to men with steel spines, that have killed millions, are intent in destroying us, have iron wills.......can you imagine this celler dweller dealing with these people.....he will give away the store to them and sink the country......and you know it.

ps: it should be noted all those agencies mentioned have tried to illegally remove Trump before and after the election: all of them were complicite in performing the crime of the century, right up to the black prick. this has been proven in the documents coming out; already an FBI lawyer pleaded guilty to falsifying visa protocol; he will go to jail....many other FBI, CIA, gov't officials to follow......the entire system is corrupt and Trump will bring it out....if the celler dweller is elected...it will all be buried.....under NO circumstances can Trump get a second term....if he does, the flood gates will open and many will be behind bars....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    yacraps likes this.