BLM

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Aug 13, 2020.

1. basicstrategy777, Aug 31, 2020

basicstrategy777

Churchill smoked cigars not cigarettes
    Sir Winston is noted for his cigars, not cigarettes......the size 'Churchill" is named after him......777

2. TDVegas, Aug 31, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Washington DC now the center of some protests...and I use that word because it wasn’t a full scale riot. Who on earth is so emboldened to try and open a police car door with a cop sitting in it? After the third back and forth I’m surprised the cop didn’t just shot him.

I tell ya...better get a handle on this, because it’s going downhill.

https://twitter.com/svnewsalerts/status/1299476492204859392?s=21

Settingcanthurt likes this.
  3. TDVegas, Aug 31, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Yep. With NYC....IMO, no normal person is tolerating some of the stuff going on. Relocating the mentally ill to hotels in affluent neighborhoods? Defecating on sidewalks?

The cities are crumbling into a third world mess of lawlessness. Conservative or liberal...I don’t see how anyone can tolerate or turn a blind eye to some of the stuff happening in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, etc.

Woe to be a cop in today’s world. These guys cannot win. If they back off, crime happens. If they enforce compliance, someone flees and gets hurt or killed.

If Vegas gets bad....next stop Joshua Tree or hell, maybe the town I knocked for being so sleepy and slow, Ely, NV.

4. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

There was also this, on the Beverly Hills side of Santa Monica Boulevard, according to Deadline Hollywood, the only outlet to cover it:

The Battle of Beverly Hills continued this weekend, as supporters of President Donald Trump and advocates of Black Lives Matter again faced off in a confrontation on Saturday.

One person was arrested and traffic was jammed up in the protest area at the Beverly Gardens Park, but no physical violence occurred, as had happened at previous protests there.

About 100 Trump supporters gathered in the park on Santa Monica Boulevard about 3 PM. There, they were met by counter-protesters. After some angry words were exchanged, police soon shut down the area, claiming a suspicious item was located. It was later determined not be dangerous.

That moved the confrontation to Rodeo Drive.

It wasn't the first Beverly Hills rally for Trump, either, I noted an earlier one this same month in this blog here.

Now, I don't want to read way too much into this because, as one leftist noted on Twitter, Los Angeles leftists can easily bring 750,000 people into the streets and these pro-Trump rallies amounted to a thousand people at most. But the pushback is notable. It's unafraid, it's out there, it's not hiding in the silent majority. Better still, it's not the strange cult-like stuff of some counter-groups that supposedly favor Trump seen in other leftist-plagued cities, these Los Angeles expressions have every sign of being pro-active rather than reactive (these aren't people showin up with guns looking for a rumble with Antifa) and the participants are grassroots people.

Los Angeles is supposedly hopelessly leftwing, and not just leftwing, but apolitical, a la-la land of Hollywood wannabes, Kim Kardashian and the songs of Sheryl Crowe, Tom Petty, Weezer, which doesn't work well with politics. Lightweight Hollywood actresses who speak out on crazy left things are singing for their supper, trying to get acting roles by pleasing the Hollywood bosses, in a modern day version of the casting couch, though the real one is still out there, too.

Now we're seeing the reemergence of Reagan Country, open, out there, unapologetic, and real. While it's not big, it's clearly growing. And if it keeps growing, well...draw your own conclusions.

[​IMG][​IMG]

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/battlefield_los_angeles.html

5. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

August 31, 2020
    Betting sites now rating Trump-Biden contest a tossup
    By Thomas Lifson

The odds offered on the presidential election by betting sites are the product of the betting decisions made by individuals putting their money behind their predictions. They are not a substitute for polling data, but they are an interesting gauge of public opinion on their own, for they reflect a large number of individuals' assessments of what they think their friends and neighbors, as well as strangers, are thinking. And unlike polls, which take days to carry out and analyze, betting markets move instantaneously with the wagers being placed on them.

As of this morning, two of the seven betting sites included in the Real Clear Politics index of presidential election betting odds have Trump-Biden a dead heat, while the others are close to a tie, but slightly favoring Biden. For now.

[​IMG]

The graph showing changes in the odds over time make it clear that while the odds switched in favor of Biden on June 1,2020, (presumably over voters blaming COVID and associated financial troubles on Trump), that trend has now abated, and the direction of change is in Trump's favor.

Almost certainly, the Republican convention's effectiveness and the complete recovery of the stock market losses that followed the pandemic also had an effect on bettors' perceptions.

[​IMG]

But Joe Biden's continued basement sequestration, his weakness in self-presentation, early polls of black support for Trump, and Nancy Pelosi's suggestion that he skip the planned debates must also be sinking in and moving bettors' perceptions of his staying power.

Note that in 2016, the betting markets were no better than the pollsters in predicting the results of that election. But at least bettors are not influenced by the "shy Trump voter" reticence.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...s_now_rating_trumpbiden_contest_a_tossup.html

MisterInside likes this.
  6. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Michael Moore Warns: Trump Enthusiasm 'Off the Charts'
    By Tauren Dyson | Saturday, 29 August 2020 11:45 AM
    Moore talked about how Trump has gained ground on Joe Biden in battleground states like Minnesota and Michigan which is lining up to give the president another come from behind win in November.

Moore wrote in a Facebook post Friday:

"Are you ready for a Trump victory? Are you mentally prepared to be outsmarted by Trump again? Do you find comfort in your certainty that there is no way Trump can win? Are you content with the trust you've placed in the DNC to pull this off?"

"I'm warning you almost 10 weeks in advance. The enthusiasm level for the 60 million in Trump’s base is OFF THE CHARTS! For Joe, not so much. Don't leave it to the Democrats to get rid of Trump. YOU have to get rid of Trump. WE have to wake up every day for the next 67 days and make sure each of us are going to get a hundred people out to vote. ACT NOW!"

A poll from Trafalgar Group showed Biden and Trump are tied at 47% in Minnesota. Another survey from the organization reported Trump had a narrow lead on Biden in Michigan.

Biden's lead has also decreased to three points in Arizona, North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, according to a ReaClearPolitics index of polls. In June, Biden had nearly a seven-point lead in those states.

Moore, who supported Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in 2016, was one of a few people who picked Trump to win in that election.

"Trump's election is going to be the biggest 'f*** you' ever recorded in human history — and it will feel good," Moore said in October 2016.

"Whether Trump means it or not is kind of irrelevant because he's saying the things to people who are hurting, and that's why every beaten-down, nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be part of what was called the middle class loves Trump," Moore continued. "He is the human Molotov cocktail that they've been waiting for, the human hand grenade that they can legally throw into the system that stole their lives from them."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/m...020/08/29/id/984454/?gdpr_consent=&gdpr=false

MisterInside likes this.
  7. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

8. Mssthis1, Aug 31, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I like Mesquite and have actually considered a winter home there. If you like to play in the desert many places there have a utv, dirt bike or dune buggy.

TDVegas likes this.
  9. MisterInside, Aug 31, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

MAN OF THE CENTURY......Tough to be better than that. Great quote.

upload_2020-8-31_14-47-43.png

10. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

11. basicstrategy777, Aug 31, 2020

basicstrategy777

I'm telling you.....rioters must be shot on sight......I may hve posted this before....but for sure it would stop the riots...
    he was a great , great man.....and had some wonderful sayings and fantastic speeches......the greatest war time leader of the 20th century.........it is said he had a scotch before he got out of bed in the morning and smoked 10 cigars a day.........he died at age 90.........all of this means I still got a shot........

and in keeping with your line of thinking....how about..........."I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. "

MisterInside likes this.
  12. badddoin, Aug 31, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

Screenshot_20200831-185945.png

Get all you want.

https://www.predictit.org/

13. badddoin, Aug 31, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

Screenshot_20200831-190736.png

Get yourself 2:1 if Susan Collins can hold her seat.

14. MisterInside, Aug 31, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

Obviously, Trump cannot win without Florida.

15. TDVegas, Aug 31, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

He actually can. Biden is locked for 227 as I see it. Florida adds 29. That’s 256. He can also lose Wisconsin (10)....266.

No question Trump has to win other battleground states.

16. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

17. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Before California polls close it will be over.

18. Settingcanthurt, Aug 31, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Do not be surprised to see Trump take the whole Eastern seaboard. Here is my opinion why.

Biden is unable to serve as President. His mind is crippled. That would make heels up Harris the President. She was the first to drop out of the primaries. No one likes her. Everyone knows this.

19. basicstrategy777, Sep 1, 2020

basicstrategy777

i tell you what disturbs me.....There are 2 people I know....both very intelligent....one a client whom I've known since a kid....a lifelong republican......has purchased millions of life ins and DI from me....great kid......his dad told me he is voting for biden because he can't stand trumps 'ways'.....the other fellow a financial planner.....he said the same.........for the life of me I don't understand them wanting to see a dagger stabbed in the heart of their country because they don't like the way someone talks.........it's baffling........to me.........it's almost as if these people become possessed by the devil re: Trump and are blinded as to the big picture.........thing is how many more like them are there...........it seems like the hate for trump is balanced by the love........lets hope the middle can cut thru it all and do what they know is best for the country......prioritize......777.

20. Settingcanthurt, Sep 1, 2020

Settingcanthurt

One of my neighbor friends says the same thing about Trump. What these people are doing is write in's or third party votes. So if this friend of yours cannot vote for Trump, maybe you can suggest this, opposed to a Biden vote. These people are reading newspapers which is where this opinion is farmed. They probably do not do social media or cable news.