Charles Krauthammer

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Jun 8, 2018.

1. basicstrategy777, Jun 8, 2018

basicstrategy777

A note to readers
    [​IMG]
    by Charles Krauthammer Opinion writer June 8 at 12:01 PM [email protected]?subje...te to readers'
    I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me.

In August of last year, I underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in my abdomen. That operation was thought to have been a success, but it caused a cascade of secondary complications — which I have been fighting in hospital ever since. It was a long and hard fight with many setbacks, but I was steadily, if slowly, overcoming each obstacle along the way and gradually making my way back to health.

However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over.

I wish to thank my doctors and caregivers, whose efforts have been magnificent. My dear friends, who have given me a lifetime of memories and whose support has sustained me through these difficult months. And all of my partners at The Washington Post, Fox News, and Crown Publishing.

Lastly, I thank my colleagues, my readers, and my viewers, who have made my career possible and given consequence to my life’s work. I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking. I am grateful to have played a small role in the conversations that have helped guide this extraordinary nation’s destiny.

I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life — full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.

2. TDVegas, Jun 8, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I saw that this morning. Fighting a quiet battle.

The really perplexing one today is Bourdain. A “get on with life” type of guy. No nonsense. Tells it like it is.

I found this suicide to be one of the most odd I’ve ever heard. Came out of nowhere. I know he’s had drug issues in the past but I think that was mostly behind him.

yacraps and HornHighBLEVE like this.
  3. basicstrategy777, Jun 8, 2018

basicstrategy777

Suicide seems like the in thing to do these days........I'm sure there will be more high profile ones coming.......like craps, things come in bunches....

One takes his own life....the other would have wanted to live. Crazy stuff this life.

I like Charles. He was super smart, slowly evolved over to " our" side, was true to his principles, and had a wonderful way with words.

MisterInside, crispcem and yacraps like this.
  4. crispcem, Jun 8, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Not to sound cruel or flippant, but Bourdain's suicide is no mystery to me. He was an emotionally needy man who subscribed to the 'Libtard' mindset. Asia Argento, his girlfriend actress, was an outspoken #metoo poster child, as was he. He was surrounded - and obviously enjoyed being surrounded by - loopy movie stars and famous 'personalities' and their Libtard baggage, morals, excesses and lack of a tethering tie to real earth and real people. He lived and moved in rarefied air of the elite and would have been better off being poor and never tasting fame.

5. yacraps, Jun 9, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

May be it was something he ate :rolleyes:

6. Dave G Ct, Jun 10, 2018

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

TD
    Seemed a little odd to me also. Some anti depressent medication can lead one down that path.Just a thought.

7. crispcem, Jun 11, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

As can a female lover who publicly tweets something nasty aimed at you, then deletes, and is seen in the arms of another man - publicly,. blatantly - 4 days before you take your life..Bitchez are the ruin of many good men, just sayin'.

yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  8. Dave G Ct, Jun 11, 2018

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Crispcem
    You conjecturing or do you know something

9. crispcem, Jun 12, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Conjecture? Moi?? I'm a woman, am assuming you are a man, dunno, you tell me after looking at the pics and timeline, but this is pretty obvious to me.

AA posted online hours before his suicide - deleted hours later:
    asia-argento-anthony-bourdain-suicide-post-deleted__oPt.jpg

By CHRIS SPARGO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 09:15 EDT, 5 June 2018
    • Asia Argento spent the weekend in Rome with reporter Hugo Clement, with the two seen smiling as they walked through the streets of Rome
    • The pair were seen affectionately embracing just and laughing with a group of friends just a few weeks after attending the Cannes Film Festival
    4CE8ECDE00000578-0-image-a-3_1528203390510.jpg
    Celebratory mood: Asia Argento spent the weekend in Rome with reporter Hugo Clement, with the two seen smiling as they walked through the streets of Rome (Argento and Clement above on Sunday)

4CE8EE6800000578-0-image-a-4_1528203394846.jpg
    Happy pair: The pair were seen affectionately embracing just and laughing with a group of friends just a few weeks after attending the Cannes Film Festival (above on Sunday)
    4CE6CF7A00000578-5807979-New_love_Argento_42_first_met_Bourdain_61_-a-5_1528206740893.jpg

4CE6D01A00000578-0-image-a-6_1528203430021.jpg
    Good time: Argento is also enjoying professional success, having been named as a new judge on the Italian version of X Factor and directing the recent Parts Unknown (Argento and Clement on Monday above)

4CE6D0BE00000578-0-image-a-5_1528203414125.jpg

4CEFA08200000578-0-Happy_together_Argento_and_Bourdain_la-m-18_1528204213753.jpg
    Happy together: Argento shared a photo of herself and Bourdain last week in Firenze (above) that showed them embracing after wrapping a new episode of Bourdain's show.

4CE6D06300000578-5807979-_Unknown_was_a-a-3_1528206740151.jpg
    (Argento and Clemont on Monday)
    Bitchez can drive a man over the edge...body language..it's all there. You gonna tell me those two up top aren't doing each other??

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    HornHighBLEVE and yacraps like this.
  10. MisterInside, Jun 13, 2018

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

I will miss Charles a lot. You can count true TV journalists on a single hand. He was one of those. Two words.....brilliant and objective.

yacraps likes this.
  11. von duck, Jun 14, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Maybe it was that roast duck, that led to his "suicide".