Do you have a fluid toss?

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by Dave G Ct, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Dave G Ct, Jan 10, 2020

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

It's hard enough to get a particular shot down- grip- set- height- speed - rotations- landing zone- and different table conditions.Now that you look at these variables somewhat daunting.

Guess that is what practice is for lol. Think I got my UH shot pretty much down but how to improve consistency.Well the answer is how fluid your toss is. A fluid toss is not too technical infact it has to feel second nature to you and you should be able to toss it blindfolded. My shot I have a certain routine ending with slight downward pressure and releasing it with mild torque where the dice travel in a parabellic trajectory getting low side by side rebounds.

Just your average AP toss lol!

2. random_roller, Jan 11, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

There is a woman who plays at Rivers who is the epitome of a random chucker. She is 180 degrees from having any semblance of a fluid toss. Think Ricky Vaughn (aka Wild Thing) from Major League before Charlie Sheen's character got glasses, except shooting dice (and female). She is wildly inconsistent. If you stand straight out on the opposite side of the table, you will be hit by the dice flying off the table at least once. If she has a decent roll, usually one dealer (and the stickman) will also get hit by errant dice; sometimes both dealers are the recipients. And those dice are moving at a pretty good clip, lol.

BTW, I have seen her hit 6 point Fire Bets 2 times and other regulars have told me she has hit it more times than that. Nothing at all fluid in her delivery, no practice. Nonetheless, her upside shooting dice is as good as any shooter I have *ever* played craps with. She is the ultimate "feast or famine" shooter. I'll take my chances when she's shooting.

yacraps, Mssthis1 and KokomoJoe4 like this.
  3. Dave G Ct, Jan 11, 2020

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

So would I!

4. yacraps, Jan 12, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

..she might be able to hit fire bets,the stick and base dealers ...but can she take out a camera man :)

5. eagleeye2, Jan 12, 2020

eagleeye2

eagleeye2 Member

6. eagleeye2, Jan 12, 2020

eagleeye2

eagleeye2 Member

random_roller,

Think that she has one of those things necessary to win @ CRAPS, i.e. ""Mind Over Matter"" control over the DICE!!!

eagleeye2

random_roller likes this.
Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.