Driving Me CRAZY!

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by MisterInside, Aug 11, 2018.

1. MisterInside, Aug 11, 2018

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

This shit is driving me crazy. I am not a tech guy. Is there anything that I can do to help me sign on?

Attached Files:

yacraps likes this.
  2. Twelve4s, Aug 11, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

The resource limit problem has been with us for sometime now. Numerous members have announced on various threads that they are abandoning the ship due to the hassle of trying to use this site anymore.

It would appear that the administrator has also abandoned the site for whatever reason. He hasn’t posted anything about the problem. So it is, what it is. It was fun while it lasted.

yacraps likes this.
  3. Night Attack, Aug 12, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I doubt that Jacob has abandoned us. I reckon Superrick has tracked him down and is blackmailing him with incriminating video footage thereby hoping most of us join his his site where he can track us down via our ISP addresses.
    Just kidding Rick. We miss you.

yacraps likes this.
  4. HornHighBLEVE, Aug 12, 2018

HornHighBLEVE

HornHighBLEVE Member

It's either the resource limit or the Chinese spam posts...

...choose one.

I just keep hitting the reload icon in the browser window till it cries uncle and loads.

yacraps, MisterInside and crispcem like this.
  5. crispcem, Aug 12, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

I'm not sure the oldest thread on here but one month of uploaded pics alone would take down a a normal site. That the site has reached its 'resource limit' is obvious. If he doesn't have a dedicated server and is 'sharing' this ain't gonna go well. Monetizing the site with ads or a paypal contribution are all valid ways to keep the forum going. This is a nice group of people...can we all call a meeting with our Craps Forum host and work something out?

6. Settingcanthurt, Aug 15, 2018

Settingcanthurt

When I try to log in it does not work. What is working is checking the "stay logged in Box", Then the login in works. Which would be a great way to use up resources. Co-incidence??

yacraps likes this.
  7. crispcem, Aug 18, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Hunh. I can login fine without ticking the box, it's just trying to post that goes haywire.

yacraps likes this.
  8. yacraps, Aug 19, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

I have been having better luck if I click the stay logged in box..I never had to do that before though

9. The Midnight Skulker, Sep 2, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

Apologies for the untimely response. I've been trying to post this since mid-August and have been getting internal server errors. It has taken me over an hour just now to discover what the problem was: the word "f_r_o_m", unspaced. Truly bizarre!

All I have come up with are workarounds. These don't actually fix anything, rather they decrease the number of opportunities the resource gremlins have to exceed their limitations.

When you first visit the site skip the home page and go directly to a login page. As your first action after logging in click on "Recent Posts". (You can also select "Show All" Alerts.) Rather than selecting posts directly merely place the cursor on the link part, which on my browser (Google Chrome) brings up what the link is in the lower left portion of the screen. Type that URL into a separate tab thereby eliminating having to go back to the list to get to the next post desired.

In all cases, when the gremlins do energize by giving you a new error page (instead of a popup window) you can try whatever you were trying to do by using your browser's refresh function.

If you are composing a reply you can continue uninterrupted so long as you use only the arrow keys to move the cursor around...and you have good eyes (because the popup error window moves everything else to the background). Best select all (Ctrl-A) and copy your reply to the clipboard (Ctrl-C) before trying to post or preview, however, since your reply may not get saved internally due to the error.

HornHighBLEVE and yacraps like this.