erieir then 911; will there be a recovery

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by dustedone, Mar 16, 2020.

1. dustedone, Mar 16, 2020

dustedone

dustedone Member

Things have drop off the edge.of the world here. More than I would ever consider.
    North Las Vegas has never returned post 9/11; now this town of service and entertainment is on a slide I can say may.be on its hardest recovery of all time.

Not to mention the nation. I pray for us all this day and never look back. People I have know for years are packing up and they really have no idea how or where life is going to take them.

I can only image of generations past that have dealt w/ hardships that could only keep them moving forward. What may life be like in OUR near futures.

Good luck to all

Bless up

Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  2. yacraps, Mar 17, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

Nice post Dusty...your right this has 911 all over it again and some Americans are falling for it again... there is a kernel of truth to the virus but its not world ending pandemic just mho

Mssthis1 likes this.
  3. Settingcanthurt, Mar 17, 2020

Settingcanthurt

4. Settingcanthurt, Mar 17, 2020

Settingcanthurt

5. basicstrategy777, Mar 17, 2020

basicstrategy777

The problem is not the virus...it ain't gonna kill you.....not a death sentence......the problem is the swamping and overcrowding of hospitals.......with doctors pointing to one, than the other..saying..."you live..you die".......this quarantining is to flatten out how many get it ......spreading it out is the key.....by doing so we don't overcrowd the hospitals.........the total number of people getting it will be the same.......but not all at once......I believe this is the purpose for the measures we are seeing.......the numbers will start ramping up pretty quick now....hopefully not too quick.

yacraps likes this.
  6. Mssthis1, Mar 17, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I'm hoping Americans will see how fragile a service based economy is and consumers will figure out that basing your purchases on price alone and not considering where that item was made may not have been such a good idea.

I expect to see a wave of border closings/restrictions world wide and concentrating on making things at home instead of importing.

When I started at at the factory we made 99% of the parts in house. We had a rubber room, die cast, wire harnesses, screws, nuts, bolts, everything was made in house. Only thing we sourced was raw materials and a few of the small micro switches.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  7. Settingcanthurt, Mar 17, 2020

Settingcanthurt

8. yacraps, Mar 17, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

Boy Missthis I hope you are right and that happens would be a dream come true for me...Liman hit on a good one also with bringing home the manufacturing of medicinal products also... maybe there is a silver lining to this cloud

Mssthis1 likes this.
  9. yacraps, Mar 17, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

...dont tell the Duck he'll try to pawn it

10. Mssthis1, Mar 18, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

11. yacraps, Mar 18, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

12. Liman

Liman Member

not sure going anywhere right now is better for anyone. 9-11 brought people together, people were kind to each other,
    this virus is not bringing anyone together, its alienating people.
    if you go out to a supermarket, you get death stares from everyone, god forbid you cough or sneeze, people hold up crosses and are ready to spike your heart.
    while wall street suffered job losses after 9-11, it wasn't anything remotely close to how many jobs might not come back after this. And how much salary is being lost, all over the country.
    9-11 was costly, everyones liability insurance and property insurance went sky high to pay for the damage.
    the cost of americans not working for months, cant even fathom what it will cost in the long run,and everyones retirement funds going south, really south,
    Im not as confident as some about the outcome here. I feel if the govt cant figure out how to keep shelves filled in markets with eggs, milk, meats, toilet paper, hand cleansers, now are they going to stop this virus?
    I hope in the end, Im healthy and all of use are healthy, and have a few bucks left so we can enjoy the rest of our lives.

it is my 65th birthday, today, not a big deal, but it would have been nice to have my kids here and go out for dinner. I don't recall any time in my life when my children feared getting close to me worried they would infect me with something that might kill me. if someone said this to me 4 months ago, I would have laughed at them and called them an asshole.

yacraps likes this.
  13. mynameisgambling, Mar 20, 2020

mynameisgambling

I'm conditioning myself that it will take a while before the world finds a solution. Not sure about things getting back to normal but would be way better than what we have now.

yacraps likes this.
  14. Settingcanthurt, Mar 25, 2020

Settingcanthurt

"Perverse Incentive"

Never used this term.

Update (1415ET): GOP Senators have cautioned against fast-tracking the bull as it stands, which would "create a perverse incentive to sever the employer/employee relationship," according to a spokesman for Sen. Sasse (R-NE).

The Senators are working on an amendment which would ensure that the maximum unemployment benefit is 100% of someone's salary.

First it was Nancy Pelosi 'rode into town from her extended vacation' to kill the GOP coronavirus bill.

Now, despite what we were told was a done dea, three Republican Senators have demanded an "immediate fix" to a drafting error in the bill which may delay its passage.

Sens. Scott (SC), Sasse(NE) and Graham (SC) wrote in a Wednesday letter:

"A massive drafting error in the current version of the coronavirus relief legislation could have devastating consequences: Unless this bill is fixed, there is a strong incentive for employees to be laid off instead of going to work. This isn't an abstract, philosophical point -- it's an immediate, real-world problem."

According to the Senators, "If the federal government accidentally incentivizes layoffs, we risk life-threatening shortages in sectors were doctors, nurses and cooks are trying to get food to families' tables."

more: https://www.zerohedge.com/political...fter-gop-senators-demand-fix-massive-drafting

yacraps likes this.
  15. Settingcanthurt, Mar 26, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Origin of the Virus??

yacraps likes this.
  16. yacraps, Mar 27, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

I think the ufo guys are looking for the Duck and his infamiss crap system and his flying pet rock :rolleyes:

17. Settingcanthurt, Mar 27, 2020

Settingcanthurt

18. Settingcanthurt, Mar 28, 2020

Settingcanthurt

19. Liman

Liman Member

life here on long island is tough now. no one does anything. except maybe stand in line at Costco, and judging from the people coming out, paper towels and water, so why go to Costco
    we went this morning, in the rain, line was long they are limiting people entering, we left.
    went to the supermarket, a chain store, just one hour ago, no one in there. food was plentiful, no tp or hand sanitizer, but I don't think the shelves will have those items again for over a year. canned goods were drained, but food staples were plentiful. Oh, no regular peanut butter, the popular branded ones,
    there were no more than 3 people besides us in store,

Not sure how long small businesses will last in NY, especially manhattan, with outrageous rents. My buddy had(he was forced to leave when landlord doubled his lease to 20 thousand a month, for a 1400 sq foot store on broadway.

long island is going to be ripe for new businesses, as I believe with the high rents out here, 1/3 of the small businesses will be gone within 3 montys if this continues another month or two.

20. von duck, Mar 28, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

That's not a GIANT UFO, it's a very small helicopter, flying near a normal sized UFO.