For 777's

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by crispcem, May 17, 2019.

1. crispcem, May 17, 2019

crispcem

crispcem Member

"Several oil tankers were reportedly attacked or sabotaged off the coast of the United Arab Emirates over the weekend, raising fears that shipping lanes in the Persian Gulf could become flash points. “It’s going to be a bad problem for Iran if something happens,” Mr. Trump said on Monday, asked about the episode... An Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman called it a “regretful incident,” according to a state news agency."

b-52 777.jpg

I was gonna put a great video of screaming B-52's taking off but figured your ears didn't need anymore of that...:D

2. basicstrategy777, May 17, 2019

basicstrategy777

He who laughs last laughs best.

[​IMG]

yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  3. basicstrategy777, May 17, 2019

basicstrategy777

I was in SAC in the 60's....hence, the above,,,,,,,,,,SAC no longer exists but those that served in that command might enjoy these.......our spirit still rides with BUFF ....that plane will serve this country for 100 years and is scheduled to be in service untill 2050.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yacraps, Mssthis1 and JCinPA like this.
  4. JCinPA, May 17, 2019

JCinPA

JCinPA Member

Ah, the memories! My first station was Griffiss AFB. I was NORAD, not SAC, but I loved going down to the flightline to watch MITO exercises. High noon and you'd have so much black smoke you'd think it was dusk! Smells like freedom, baby!

5. basicstrategy777, May 17, 2019

basicstrategy777

I was a flight line maintenance officer......I've seen many, many of those minimum interval take offs close up.....the black smoke was the result of water injection to augment power and would last about 60 seconds.....planes would take off about 15 seconds apart and would fan out due to air turbulence......I loved that airplane..........it was real cool to see them, close up, landing in a high crosswind.....that cross wind crab landing gear was cool.

yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  6. JCinPA, May 17, 2019

JCinPA

JCinPA Member

Yes, it was amazing how far they could turn the landing gear. For you non-AF peeps, the wings on the B-52 were so long (they had little outrigger wheels near the wingtips) they could not come in a wing-low approach like other planes. So you could steer the landing gear in either direction to line up with the runway, with the plane angled into the crosswind. It looked very strange the fuselage coming in 20-25 degrees off the runway centerline with the wings level. But it works!

Last edited: May 17, 2019