Hey, did ya hear...Trump got his wall....

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Jan 10, 2019.

1. basicstrategy777, Jan 10, 2019

basicstrategy777

[​IMG]

yacraps likes this.
  2. von duck, Jan 10, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

A wall, would only be a beginning. If a way to fund the wall IS found, the problem is not over. A total overhaul of American immigration policy, will be required, and any realistic assessment of The chances of that, would have to be pretty negative. All efforts that might be effective, seem to be losing the fight, i.e. SS verification, proof of legal entry for drivers licenses, etc. I believe people do not understand, the scope of the problem, or the true cost, of having not addressed it. In reality, it's a war, and we're losing it. What you will lose, is your standard of living, and your basic freedoms. :cool:

3. basicstrategy777, Jan 11, 2019

basicstrategy777

If big compay's and medium size company' and wall street, and those that make billions off cheap labor put America first over the almighty dollar and political power, the problem could be fixed overnite.....fuckin' money really is the root of all evil.......it makes you do things that are not right.....it makes you lose your self respect........it twists your thinking.......it makes a good person a bad person..........when values are clear, decisions are easy.....many have a value system built on sand......not worth a shit and changing......,we need people with a foundation of rock....not many around.......sometimes things/people have become so evil as to be unredemable.....the only way is, to blow everything up and start over again.......hopefully, those that emerge from the ashes, will remember, and a good, nobel society can be born..........we're not there, but getting there.

yacraps likes this.
  4. von duck, Jan 11, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

What you say is essentially correct, but you are placing the blame on the wrong ones. The consumers (that would be US, man) tend to shop for the best price, without regard to how fairly the maker of that product was compensated. This attitude is what built Wall Mart, and displaced Sears, in the retail business. People have to "take a stand" and not buy products from, or deal with companies, that essentially, exploit slave labor markets. Trump can only do, so much, the majority of the solution, can only be solved with a serious "attitude adjustment " by a substantial portion of the American Populace, we must save ourselves, Trump can't do that FOR us. :cool:

5. badddoin, Jan 11, 2019

badddoin

badddoin Member

At the risk of sounding Trumpian, this "problem" could easily be solved, and for 10 cents on the dollar, EZPZ I tell you.

It needs to be addressed from the magnet side. We need laws that criminalize hiring illegal immigrants. There needs to be in place a procedure to follow when hiring. I don't know whether or not that's Everify or whatever, but we could come up with something that is nearly foolproof. If we can land on the effing moon, there's gotta be someone amongst us that can work out the details of that procedure.

If that procedure was followed, and an illegal immigrant was discovered to be working there, then that employer would be immune from prosecution. If not - and this is the crux of it - that employer goes to jail. Period. To jail. They can make bond and get out, but I think it necessary that they make the trip to their local County Hilton for a photo session and a little finger painting.

There needs to be a progressive prnalty. The first offense can be a fine - say, a thousand per employee. If you have an employee and don't have access to a thousand bucks, then maybe you ought not be in business. The second offense, I'm thinking 3 to 5 days in the hole. Maybe a month next, then 90 days, and so on. That's not a terribly radical penalty schedule, but I'd be willing to bet two cups of Dunkin' Donuts coffee that it'd work. The trick with punishment is not the severity of it, but the certainty of it.

There needs to be a grace period in the beginning, to allow employers time to become compliant. During that time we would need to ramp up LEGAL immigration. This system would necessarily cause a shock to the economy, otherwise.

Then we could build a wall. A wall about 3 feet high, so they'd have someplace to sit and rest awhile on their way back home.

They come here to work. If there ain't no work, they ain't coming. 'Tain't rocket science.

6. von duck, Jan 11, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

What you say, sounds good, but, it's a little more complicated than that. Many companies use illegal labor, but they do not "hire" them, per say. What they are doing is, subcontracting labor, to remove themselves from any liabilities. The subcontractors pay the labor "under the table" and there is no clear record of anybody being employed by anybody, not for tax purposes, workers comp. social security, or anything else. And, these contractors, are 99 and 44/100 percent Latino, NO EOE whatever. You lose the job, and all tax revenues that might have come with it. We need strict laws, that make it very "inconvenient" to be in the country illegally, nothing accessible, without proof of legal entry, period. :cool:

7. Settingcanthurt, Jan 11, 2019

Settingcanthurt

Duh
    (2)Preemption
    The provisions of this section preempt any State or local law imposing civil or criminal sanctions (other than through licensing and similar laws) upon those who employ, or recruit or refer for a fee for employment, unauthorized aliens.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324a

yacraps likes this.

8. badddoin

badddoin Member

Unlike BS777, I know you're not too bright, but this moronic reply exceeds even my expectations of you.

Let me 'splane it to you in a way you might understand, maybe with a little help from someone who's not a moron. I proposed changing the immigration laws, and your response was this is the way the law is. Correct? Yes, that's correct.

So just imagine if you will that the laws got changed, they might just not be the way they are anymore. You got it?

9. von duck

von duck Member

There is very little chance that any "meaningful" changes will be made, to existing immigration law. even something as sensible as voter ID laws, cannot be passed, or won't hold up in court. We have waited too long. :cool: