Hurricane Erica to meet Hurricane Howard!

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by DeMango, Aug 26, 2015.

1. DeMango, Aug 26, 2015

DeMango

DeMango Member

Just looking at the 5 day cone for Erica on NOAA. Expected to hit Fort Lauderdale on Monday, as a hurricane. With this report, equivalent to having Jim Cantore on your beach (yup, happened to me) I would be worried if I lived in Biloxi!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at5.shtml?5-daynl#contents

2. Howard rock n roller, Aug 26, 2015

Howard rock n roller

Yep .... "Head for the Hills!" Here it comes.

Am I glad that my cruise was a week ago... Looks like rough seas ahead !

Pressit likes this.
  3. Harley, Aug 26, 2015

Harley

Harley Member

... booking a Carribean cruise in August is just pure gambling :rolleyes:

4. DeMango, Aug 29, 2015

DeMango

DeMango Member

So it dissipated somewhat. May reform in the gulf. If it does watch out Biloxi!

I can see it now, Jim Cantore, on the beach next to The Beau Rivage!

5. superrick, Sep 11, 2015

superrick

superrick Member

Strawberry Fields forever, yet that's right. When you read some of these trip reports put out by some of our expert DI's you want to puke. After spending a week in Fla. I thought that on the flight home I catch up with on some of the Emails that I put off reading. The first one had me calling for a flight attendant to get a barf bag just in case I puked. Once again Howard Rock n Roller had one more money making trip.

But now get this, he only had rolls in the twenty's but one of his students had a roll in the forties!

Now here is what really had me calling for the barf bag. Once again it took a student to pull Howard out of the red and into the black. Everything in the bunter's world is always in the strawberry fields, where everything comes up rosy!

He has taking right after the madprofessor, where he always comes out a winner unless you just happen to be on the same tables with him. Then there is always a different picture that he can't paint with roses all around the craps table.

Yes in Howard's world, everything is always coming up roses. It will be interesting that while he is in Vegas trying to poach off the other DI schools that will be in town in the next few weeks how he will write up all of those sessions he has around town , or should I just say at the Rio.

Funny that these experts can write that they never lose at playing craps and they need to write that they are always winning!
    Well TDVegas while you were in Boulder City for lunch, I was in Ft Lauderdale, Fla., spending time on the beach in between the rain. It rained every day while we were there. I spent a few hours stuck in traffic driving back from Vero Beach, at times you couldn't see the car right in front of you it was raining so hard! Every time I'm in Fla. I go up to Vero Beach to see if I can get lucky with one of my metal detectors and find a few gold coins.

http://www.tcpalm.com/franchise/tcpalm-social/1715-fleet/test-digital-tc-300-anniversary-background

http://www.tcpalm.com/1715fleet
    I was hoping that it would go up the east coast and not do any damage,but have big surf, so it would wash away the 3 foot of sand they dump on the beaches that I hunt on in Vero beach.

6. Howard rock n roller, Sep 13, 2015

Howard rock n roller

Thanks Super Rick, I'm glad that you enjoyed my trip report about Buffalo / Niagara Falls.

Thanks for mentioning my good rolls... No monster rolls this time, but rolls in theis 20s are pretty good.
    I used my patented "Howard Split Shot" and it worked consistently. When I'm in Vegas next month, stop by for a lesson and I'll teach it to you. It's a proprietary toss technique and works on all tables.

I was invited up to Buffalo to teach a private class of 10 students. The class went great!

I am so proud of my student Chuck. He tossed a 40 roll hand, just like you mentioned. I'm proud of myself for teaching him my "ice tong" toss which made it possible.

Howard rock n roller