I'm curious......

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by basicstrategy777, Jul 2, 2019.

1. basicstrategy777, Jul 2, 2019

basicstrategy777

When you drop cash on the table.......have you scouted out other tables and pick this one...or do you just go to any ol' table.......

Also, do you start playing your system right away.....or do you wait a while to see how things are going......do you qualify the shooter.....

OR is your position......it's all random and it don't matter.....

Just curious...

eagleeye2, yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  2. von duck, Jul 2, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

Before I put my money down, I compare every craps table on the planet, and then pick the best one. This can be done by going to (www.everyhotcrapstable.com). Why play on a cold table? :cool:

lone irish digit likes this.

3. Liman

Liman Member

I look for a table where the female dealers have huge tits.

yacraps, Mssthis1, KokomoJoe4 and 2 others like this.
  4. basicstrategy777, Jul 3, 2019

basicstrategy777

My deepest fears have now, unfortunately, been confirmed......we have a group here, with filty minds and bad attitudes......

yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  5. von duck, Jul 3, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

It could have been worse. He could have said he looked for a table where the MALE dealers had big tits. :cool:

6. KokomoJoe4, Jul 3, 2019

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

I have never taken Sam Grafstein's advice, where he tells you to always tart at table #1 and move successively to the next table number when you determine it is time for a change.

yacraps likes this.
  7. Mssthis1, Jul 3, 2019

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

If more than one table is available to choose from I always pick the empty one or the one with the least players and bet the way I intend to bet for that session coming out of the gate.

I don't qualify shooters. For me time is the more valuable asset. I'll either play or leave. I don't want to spend time watching or qualifying others.

That's just me. I see nothing wrong with it for those who want to observe the game and only make bets when they see fit.

DeMango, yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  8. The Comeback Kid, Jul 3, 2019

The Comeback Kid

Since you asked...good question. Here's my take.
    There are two ways to ascertain the uncertainty of what you’re walking into; how you feel & what’s happening. The latter is the lazy way & if the table is south, it’s most likely going to stay south for a while, so if you like to play the DO side, be prepared to dig yourself out of a hole, bloodied & bruised. Of course, I speak from personal experience. If I want abuse, I'll call my ex.

Thus, the former is preferred, but takes a level of sensitivity thru experience & mindfulness. Like Shakespeare said; “See it feelingly.” The clues are there. It’s like that kid’s game colder/warmer where someone hides something & you search, while they call out the temperature of your proximity. Fast moving higher energy is where your abundance awaits & it’s on the hotter end of the spectrum, so a good table will feel warm. What I’m talking about is a sensitivity to momentum. You cannot see momentum, but you can see indicators that illicit a feeling within you. And I won’t even address the foolishness of hoping that the next roll will turn this cold table hot. Sure it does happen occasionally & when it does; you’re out of bankroll. No Sir, this train does not stop on a dime. It runs over the dime.

To play or not to play. Rather than jump into an completely avoidable ill-timed disaster, I believe t'is better to use “time-of-engagement” wisely. Because if you’re trying to fix your parachute on the way down; I fear it's too late. But don't worry, it’ll be over soon. Every general, who has ever defeated a bigger stronger opponent, knows that you bide your time & wait for your opportunity of greatest advantage (Washington, Sam Huston, Ho Chi Minh).

“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory,
    tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat” - Sun Tzu

9. The Midnight Skulker, Jul 3, 2019

The Midnight Skulker

My position is that it's all probably random and doesn't matter, but the only chances I have to win are 1) if the game at this particular table at this particular time is not random, or 2) I get lucky. Hence, when I have a choice of tables I pick the one that appears to maximize my chances to have a positive experience. Factors that influence that experience include
    • Number of other players. I do not mind playing alone, but I prefer a few other players to give me a break from shooting and an opportunity to play the Don'ts without having to "bet against myself".
    • Positions available. I prefer straight out (either side), or along the right side far enough away from the hook so I can take a full arm swing without having to worry about hitting it.
    • Ambiance, including dealer and player attitudes. I try to avoid tables where I can feel the tension; if it's not my day I would just as soon not feel I had to pay to get into or witness a fight when I throw in the towel.
    • Dealer competence. I don't mind rookies (so long as they don't try to pretend they're not), but raw recruits can try my patience.
    I typically have a strategy in mind when I walk into a joint, but it is not cast in concrete so I will change horses before entering the stream if "the waves" so indicate. Ceteris paribus I prefer the front side and I do qualify shooters, and when I first join the game that also gives me a way to feel out the table before putting any money at risk.

10. basicstrategy777, Jul 3, 2019

basicstrategy777

You and I think alot alike on this subject midnite.......In addition, to be at a table that is winning, is better than being at a table that is losing............

yacraps, HornHiYo and Mssthis1 like this.
  11. The Midnight Skulker, Jul 3, 2019

The Midnight Skulker

Yeah, I meant to mention that a positive experience is always easier to have when winning than when losing. If the chips are coming my way I can tough out just about any table.

12. basicstrategy777, Jul 3, 2019

basicstrategy777

When he has a 50/50 shot, the odds are 80/20 in his favor.

He has won the lifetime achievement award, twice.

If opportunity knocks, and he's not home, opportunity waits.

Mosquitos refuse to bite him purely out of respect.

He is the most interesting man in the world....

[​IMG]
    His mother has a tattoo that reads: 'Son' (Dos Equis)

I wish he would come back..................

To the newer people here the most interesting man in the world is, by far, is The Comeback Kid. That he is Sicilian from Nu Yawk does not influence my statement.

In my opinion, he has written stuff here that should win awards.......he skates around the edges and hits areas beyond the twilite zone ; his writings are unique and other worldly...........I remember his stuff RE: The Most Interesting Man in the World.........and his story telling........weird, funny stuff.

13. von duck, Jul 3, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

Brilliant! You should write a book. :cool:

14. Mssthis1, Jul 3, 2019

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

A few years ago at the Rio, a guy stepped up and took the position to my right and intercepted the dice as the next shooter. He was so drunk he could barely stand.

I toughed it out for the 45 minutes he put on a clinic for drunken DI and then cashed out even though I had to assist him in standing from time to time.

KokomoJoe4 and yacraps like this.
  15. basicstrategy777, Jul 3, 2019

basicstrategy777

I've written several.....In my Craps book, chapter 9 is entitled STRATEGY....it starts with a quote by Anotole France , from his book " The Garden of Epicurus ( it's a book you won't be able to understand duck....will be way beyond you, even after the translation ); ......strategem #13 is " Chart the table, chart the shooter".....you'll find some tips on how to play, in that chapter.

KokomoJoe4 and FredP like this.
  16. The Midnight Skulker, Jul 3, 2019

The Midnight Skulker

He did, about four hours ago. Perhaps he's been in Tunisia drumming up support for The Great Craps Shootout 2, as detailed in the same thread referenced below.

yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  17. von duck, Jul 3, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

I already know my optimum strategy for craps. The best strategy I've heard from anybody else, was the "COMEBACK KID" when he said "Play the ENERGY". I think most craps players can relate to that. I mean, you get on a table with a bunch of "booger-eaters", you ain't gonna win shit. :cool:

18. basicstrategy777, Jul 3, 2019

basicstrategy777

Thanks for that midnite...777

yacraps likes this.
  19. The Comeback Kid, Jul 4, 2019

The Comeback Kid

The-Most-Interesting-Man-forum.jpg

20. PeacePeople, Jul 31, 2019

PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

I will scope out the tables and find the one that seems to have the best vibe from the players and crew. It helps if I can get l1 or l2 of the stick, but will take the r side also. I don't want the table packed where I'm a nuisance coming in, but want at least a few players. I also prefer a game where there aren't a bunch of guys playing the carnival game with hops and that nonsense (to me it's nonsense).

So, if I could choose best circumstances:
    1) Have positive vibe at the table, or at least not a bunch of whiners
    2) Position myself close to the stick
    3) Have some players at the table but not full
    4) Not too many carnival players

the above are probably in order of preference...the worst to me is a crap table loaded up with carnival players and a crappy attitude...takes forever to play and why bother if you're getting your booty handed to you.

As far as the system is concerned, I'll play my usual come bet play until something needs changing...and then I'll usually leave

yacraps likes this.