IS TIGER FINALLY BACK?

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by crispcem, Aug 12, 2018.

1. crispcem, Aug 12, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Anyone watching the final round 100th PGA battle at Bellerive? Tiger's got his game face on and he's pulling out the old magic. This might be it...the one to break a decades long drought. He's got a swan song in him yet.

yacraps and MisterInside like this.
  2. MisterInside, Aug 12, 2018

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

YES, HE IS!

That was great drama. I didn't want it to end. Nicklaus and Tiger are certainly the two greatest of all time. Today resembled the '86 Masters except Koepka didn't collapse to the Tiger pressure as Norman, Seve and Kite did in '86. Everybody was rooting for Tiger today, just as they did for Jack 32 years ago. Tiger shot 64 today while driving the ball poorly. His iron shots and putting were outstanding. I think that he will win another major, so will Brooksie.

Settingcanthurt, crispcem and yacraps like this.
  3. von duck, Aug 15, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Tiger shot an awesome score in the final round Sunday, and beat all but one guy. In many ways he's recouped most of his former game, but, he has a nagging problem, that being, "The Driver Yips", he has a hard time hitting the fairway, even with an iron. He doesn't have any problems when he's hitting approach shots, to the greens, so the problem is not in his swing, it's in his mind. This can be a deadly disease, it's what drove Ian Baker-Finch, into the broadcasting booth. He will have a lot of problems winning another "major" if he can't fix it. :cool:

MisterInside likes this.
  4. MisterInside, Aug 15, 2018

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

No golfer is perfect, but Jack and Tiger are the closest two we will ever see. Tiger never was an accurate driver of the golf ball, but he was extremely long and exceptional in recovery shots of all types. He's not the player today that he was, but he's still top 10 'between the ears'. Baker-Finch 1 major, Tiger 14 majors. He is showing no yips putting. That's ordinarily where mental fatigue shows first. IMO, the reason that he will win again and win another major again is that he is HUNGRY. He's
    outworking the overwhelming percentage of guys on the tour. While money has lessened the desire of many star players, Tiger is driven. He wants to catch Jack. And that is motivating him. My next trip to Vegas will be in February. I will be betting Tiger to win a major in 2019. I've been wrong many times before, but I will be betting on him. I can't wait until The Masters.

It's great to see some golf comments on the Forum.

upload_2018-8-15_15-33-49.png

yacraps and crispcem like this.
  5. crispcem, Aug 15, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

It was a fabulous drama to watch!! I haven't been so entertained in ages! I would love for Tiger to get back on top winning and I do think he will. He's a master, it's what he was born to do. He revolutionized the game of golf and gave it a shot of adrenaline. When he'd slam a ball over the trees to hit a green on a dog leg you couldn't help but go crazy. He took the prissy white gloves and club jacket off and made golf a freaking action sporting event. Fans show up. He's the one to watch. None of the soy boys with the pussy putters and fancy clothes are entertaining and they don't have the magic Tiger has. They're just grinding the numbers on the tour, hitting the gym to beef up and losing touch and flow. Once golfers start hitting the gum bulking up their arms they lose it - mu opinion. And you're right - he's hungry - but he's always been hungry. Anyone that counts Tiger out isn't aware of what a beast of a talented star he is, That 'star dust' magic is a funny thing. Some people have it, most don't.

6. crispcem, Aug 15, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

It was a fabulous drama to watch!! I haven't been so entertained in ages! I would love for Tiger to get back on top winning and I do think he will. He's a master, it's what he was born to do. He revolutionized the game of golf and gave it a shot of adrenaline. When he'd slam a ball over the trees to hit a green on a dog leg you couldn't help but go crazy. He took the prissy white gloves and club jacket off and made golf a freaking action sporting event. Fans show up. He's the one to watch. None of the soy boys with the pussy putters and fancy clothes are entertaining and they don't have the magic Tiger has. They're just grinding the numbers on the tour, hitting the gym to beef up and losing touch and flow. Once golfers start hitting the gum bulking up their arms they lose it - mu opinion. And you're right - he's hungry - but he's always been hungry. Anyone that counts Tiger out isn't aware of what a beast of a talented star he is, That 'star dust' magic is a funny thing. Some people have it, most don't.

7. Settingcanthurt, Aug 15, 2018

Settingcanthurt

I even wet to the pub and had chickenwings and a beer to watch

8. Settingcanthurt, Aug 15, 2018

Settingcanthurt

He played better when he was getting all that strange MOJO

9. Settingcanthurt, Aug 15, 2018

Settingcanthurt

Discussion at the bar was he had hurt himself training with Navy Seals. He had done a course he was not ready for or some sort like that.

yacraps likes this.
  10. von duck, Aug 15, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

I counted Tiger out, on the first green, of the final round, of the 2012 U.S. Open, at Olympic, when he backhanded his second putt, and he was tied for the lead. The putt went in, but This move, indicated to me, that Tiger knew something had changed, and it was over. I called my nephew, a big "Tiger Fan", and told him then, that Tiger was not going to win that day, and that I thought that he would not, win ANY more majors. That was 27 majors ago, and Tiger is yet to prove me wrong. I saw some signs Sunday that Tiger may just, prove me wrong, in the not to distant future. Tiger as well as most modern golfers, is a weightlifter. It at one time was considered "Taboo", for golfers to weight lift, no longer, there are soom "total Hulks" playing now, Koepka is one them. Tom Watson proved a few years ago, that a guy can contend in "majors" until he's 60, so Tiger has plenty of time, to catch Jack. Tiger finds a way to do things, that nobody thought possible, you can never count him out. I hope his back holds up, he is by far, the most charismatic golfer of this, and maybe any age, he's just fun to watch, and "golf" needs him. Come on Tiger, prove me wrong. Oh yeah, one more thing, talking to this same nephew, Sunday morning, and I told him, "Tigers problem today, is that he can shoot 64, and not win it", and guess what? That nephew refers to me as "UNCLE GURU", which I think sounds better than , "uncle Von duck" :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  11. von duck, Aug 15, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

:confused: There is no "TRUTH" serum like alcohol, is there? :) No better Aphrodisiac either. :D

MisterInside likes this.
  12. crispcem, Sep 24, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Was anyone else pounding the table and yelling as Tiger took all the marbles Sunday for the TOUR championship? Sooooooooooooooooooo good to see him back on top and winning. What a fighter. All is now well in the world of golf!!! Tiger's BACK!

Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  13. von duck, Sep 24, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Fighter? What were you watching? A very hum-drum round, in that nobody mounted a charge, Tiger just Cruzed around, playing it pretty safe. A win is a win though. That slice he's hittin off the tee won't work at Augusta. :cool: Sir.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  14. basicstrategy777, Sep 24, 2018

basicstrategy777

Never under-estimate the heart of a champion........ he was down and OUT, mentally, and physically.......he withstood the arrows , the constant hammering on his mind and body....had 4 back surgery's .......re-built his swing for the um-tinth time......and just plowed thru all this adversity with a will of steel......he beat the best golfers in the world and won a record 3rd title........he won a US Open on a broken leg for Christ sakes.......you count this guy out and you're in trouble.......he is 42 and has at least 6 more good years...that's 24 majors.....don't count him out yet.......you wanna bet he will win another major ?.....If he has people around him that care about him and can keep him out of trouble, the youngsters will find out what the old Tiger was all about.

crispcem and yacraps like this.
  15. MisterInside, Sep 24, 2018

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

GREAT TV. The anticipation of the 2019 Masters will be like no other golf tournament ever. Get your bets down early.

upload_2018-9-24_16-30-16.png

crispcem and yacraps like this.
  16. yacraps, Sep 24, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

I think the most important thing he did and has to keep doing so is.....stay away from Blondes :rolleyes:

crispcem and Settingcanthurt like this.
  17. Settingcanthurt, Sep 24, 2018

Settingcanthurt

This website still sucks

yacraps likes this.
  18. crispcem, Sep 25, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Yup! For a pro athlete to be crippled and not even able to move - besides his late public scandal - is a very tough physical, mental and emotional challenge. I battled for 3 years to get use back of my left leg and arm from a car accident, besides whiplash and constant pain. It's a horrible battle that will stretch your faith and will to the edge, and I'm not a pro athlete. Tigers a freaking living legend and really his biggest win was just getting his body back together. I fully expect him to give us a show from now on. He's hungrier than ever.

yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  19. von duck, Sep 25, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

It has something to do with TDVegas. I think it's an attempt at censorship, made to look like a technical problem. :confused: What about it TD? :cool:

20. James Hall, Sep 26, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

The mental game is where the greatest challenge lies for him now.
    Having plummeted from the pinnacle to where he was plays havoc
    with a persons confidence. Let's see what this win will do for him.
    I don't hold out much hope .