Let's hear it for the math guys!

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by Dave G Ct, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Dave G Ct, Oct 20, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Yes they are everywhere. Take VP they play correctly down to that mega decimal point in order to extend their playing time.

In dice they play the lowest house edge bets to yes again extend their playing time.Or they may take outlandish odds to get their h.a. down a miniscule % and in the end endanger their bank roll.
    Of course in the end they are content to lose- it is expected. But hey they got more playing time. Yes let's give them a proper shout out!

2. von duck, Oct 20, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

What would YOU recommend they do instead Dave. :confused:

3. KokomoJoe4, Oct 20, 2019

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

On the other hand, we have the advantage players and the so-called DI's, who make much "better" wagers than line bets and odds, these being the Fire bet, the ATS and the hard ways.

These experts disdain the use -1.4% and 0% bets are able to beat the game playing their -12% and -25% wagers, probably because of their shooting skill.

4. Mssthis1, Oct 20, 2019

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

If tossing 4's and 10's was my forte and I set 10 as the point, I'd much rather spot the house 6% and put $10 on the 4 instead of using it as additional odds at 0% HA on the 10. o_O

Only SRT, wannabe Di's, who have no clue what they're going to toss do shit like that in a desperate attempt to extend their playing time.

yacraps likes this.
  5. Dave G Ct, Oct 20, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

That's right but hey you expect to lose so no false expectations. It's in the math random shooters will lose!

Van Duck
    . What do I suggest? Forget about the PL first of all unless you are shooting.Now you have a couple of choices betting right. Hit your signature numbers or you can bet inside and use regression.See nothing to it. Lol

yacraps likes this.
  6. TDVegas, Oct 20, 2019

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

That's not a small mountain to climb....it's Everest. 25% house edge is just ridiculous on the fire bet. The 17% on the current ATS is also just ENORMOUS. That's worse than slots by about double.

If someone is pulling that off on some kind of winning basis or overall basis...god bless. I don't see the possibilities....but to each his own.

The problem is not, not playing it.....the problem, as I might see it...is that bonus bets are like having regular lottery ticket numbers. You HAVE to play it every hand. God forbid you hit it while not having a bet on the All.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    yacraps likes this.
  7. von duck, Oct 20, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

:confused:

8. von duck, Oct 20, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

An "ATS" or FIRE bet, amounts to a "contract parlay" the only difference between these and what people are trying to do with the other bets, is, it's all or none. With the fire bet, you do have lock-in after 4 hits, with the ATS it's lock-in with the upper or lower half, but is not much different than any other parlay. If a guy wants to double a 100 unit stake, by betting 1 unit at a time on the pass line, he will only be successful 3% of the time. That's a 94% house edge. :confused: Pick your own poison. :cool: I'm not sure what the chances are of you doubling your dollar, at the Penney slots. :D

9. lone irish digit, Oct 20, 2019

lone irish digit

This is Barney

Iirc, I guess Mr Guacamole doesn't know that most of the world's world class dice controllers are math guys. The LID, Pawlick, Irish Thom, Heavies, UCDT, Gargoyles, MP, Max Planck and the late Jigaboo Jones all have considerable math skill and finished third grade. Only the Bone Throwers and the Demanghoe (HOO) come up a little bit short....

yacraps likes this.
  10. TDVegas, Oct 20, 2019

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

You're taking a $100 bankroll, making $1 bets....and you're thinking "double my bankroll"....

LOL...

Mssthis1 and yacraps like this.
  11. von duck, Oct 20, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

It's an example. The units can be whatever. My point was, that the H/E on the close bets, is cumulative, and has much the same effect as the high H/E bets, if say, the goal is to double your stake. If a guy likes the excitement of the ATS or FIRE bet, what the hell, isnt that what we play for? The excitement. :cool: If you want your best chance to double your stake, that would be ONE BET lowes H/E even money bet. :) Even the math guys, don't usually do it, even though it's the best chance. :confused: "BALLS" always trumps math! :D So, how much of that dollar, do you have left? :)

12. Dave G Ct, Oct 20, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

There is a difference of having math skills and on the other hand letting it dictate your play 100%.

Anthony Cornine and HornHiYo like this.
  13. TDVegas, Oct 20, 2019

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Everyone is going to play how it suits them. I think a lot of betting strategies or bets are maybe not "ideal"....but there are many factors in play. How much does someone play, how often, etc, etc.

Who is going to argue against horn bets or other prop bets?

If they do...it's generally based on one dynamic....house edge.

yacraps likes this.
  14. yacraps, Oct 20, 2019

yacraps

yacraps Member

[email protected]#$king LID..LOL

15. von duck, Oct 20, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

Horn bets? :confused: :D Your trying to get a "section 8" aren't you? :cool:

16. basicstrategy777, Oct 21, 2019

basicstrategy777

everyone makes prop bets duck......you should dedicate about 15% of your buy in to them......they are fun and can bring you back from the dead....a 1 dollar bet can get you 27,000 dollars in 3 rolls......you so tight you squeeze a nickle till the buffolo shits.....comeon' duck....columbus took a chance.....lets have some ACTION round here.....777

17. von duck, Oct 21, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

I rarely make a prop bet, and after reading this, I may never make one again. :confused: :) Sounds like the kind of advice the dealers give to first timers. I have seen people win big with the prop bets, but that's not my game. I'm a grinder, with the patience of JOB. :cool: How many times have you ever turned $1, into $27,000 in three rolls. I'll bet it's less than 1.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  18. Mssthis1, Oct 22, 2019

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

If turning $100 into $200 is a persons primary goal, the method with the highest percentage of success to accomplish this is to make 1, $100 bet and walk, win or lose.

19. twodicebilly, Oct 22, 2019

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

von duck

Prop bets are like any other bet on the table, there is a time for them....and if the trend is supporting them, you can make some interesting money......most interesting parley arrangement is
    $1 yo $2 craps, $3 big red and parley the aggregate results, and then ask yourself how many times you see 4,5,6 of those in
    a row on a come out....only takes one run a night or session
    and you made money where most players never look.

TDB

20. von duck, Oct 22, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

This is true, and any "math" guy knows it, but few ever do it, because even their game, is not based 100%, on the math. :cool:

yacraps likes this.