NFL 2018 Tipping Competition

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Night Attack, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Night Attack, Jul 13, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Does any one have any interest in an NFL tipping Competition for the upcoming season? We could set one up for free online most likely, submit our tips and receive points for every correct selection etc...just to make it interesting we could all chip in a few bucks and either winner take all or if enough of us play then maybe 1st, 2nd , 3rd, I don't know. Just looking to gauge interest and ideas etc...

I would suggest something like this.
    US$50 to play
    Each correct selection earns 1point
    A correctly selected tie earns 5 points
    Correctly selecting the full round earns a bonus 5 points
    Non submission of tips will earn the lowest score for the round
    Any interest?

yacraps likes this.
  2. von duck, Jul 13, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Plenty of them have interest, but ain't none of those got the $50. :)

3. Twelve4s, Jul 13, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Remember this great contest?

http://www.crapsforum.com/threads/2017-crapsforum-college-football-bowl-game-challenge.30203/

It was lots of fun for the participants and lots of work for Random. That’s the problem with trying to run a contest, someone gets stuck with all the work and time spent. Are you volunteering?

random_roller and yacraps like this.
  4. Night Attack, Jul 13, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

That's a fair call I suppose. We can scrap the $50 and just play for fun and bragging rights but I feel we need some sort of incentive otherwise it may just die a slow death.
    Any ideas for an incentive even a non financial one are most welcome.

yacraps likes this.
  5. Night Attack, Jul 13, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

No I hadn't seen that contest but what I have in mind is minimal work. All it needs is an administrator to register and set the rules and parameters and the rest kind of runs itself. I will volunteer and set one up and provide a link.
    Anyone interested can have a look and if we deem it a waste of time due to limited participants, then I can delete the thing and we move on.
    I'll be back!

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  6. AzDice, Jul 15, 2018

AzDice

AzDice Member

If your current idea doesn't get off the ground, maybe a survivor league.
    If I don't explain it correctly, maybe someone can help.
    Every participant puts in. $10.
    Starting with week one of the NFL each participant picks one team he thinks will win. If that team wins he moves on to the next week. If that team loses he's out.
    Participants can only pick a team once. An example would be if you picked Steelers to win week one you could not pick them in week two or any other week as long as you are still alive.
    Game progresses until there is a lone survivor. That survivor is someone who has picked a winning team each week and no other participant has matched his or hers wins.
    Not sure what happens if there is a tie, but lets just say if there was a tie they would split the pot. Entry fee could be any amount. $10 was just an example

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    yacraps and Night Attack like this.
  7. Night Attack, Jul 15, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Also known as 'last man standing' down this way. Even if a female plays and wins, she will have to keep the title, last man standing. Rules are rules.

No reason why we can't run both concurrently given enough interest.

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.

8. Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Ok football junkies I think I have found a site that suits our needs for a straight tipping competition (not including spreads) that will also allow us a knockout competition (a.k.a. Survivor, last man standing) to run concurrently. As administrator I may have to do a little work to remove those eliminated from the knockout competition each week but as far as the rest of the tipping goes it should do all the game scheduling, scoring and recording of the tips as per the rules I have set out. I do not think they have set up the scheduling yet for 2018 but I expect they will do so and that will not stop us registering in the interim.

Now you will need to register on the site per the details below and then join the relevant competition. When you register please do not use your real name if you prefer anonymity because as administrator I most likely will be able to see those details. Same goes for your email address if it includes your real name. I registered as Tom Brady and no red flags.
    Once we see how much interest there is we can all agree (or not agree) to any prize money.

Also, if someone registers can they please let me know if they can see the rules I have set out, as far as scoring and what not otherwise I will need to list them here for all to see. I you decide to register and change your mind you can cancel your registration anytime.

To join:
    1) Go to http://www.iTipFooty.com.au
    2) Click the 'REGISTER' button if you don't already have an account with iTipFooty.com.au
    3) Once you have successfully registered login and, click the JOIN COMP button.
    4) Enter Comp # 104552 and Comp Password holycraps.
    5) Click join comp.....DONE!

yacraps likes this.