Pressing a win or Parley. Which is better.

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by Settingcanthurt, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:40 PM.

1. Settingcanthurt, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:40 PM

Settingcanthurt

I imagine original bet amount can decide as well as what the bet is.

Is it wiser on a Come bet or a place bet???

yacraps likes this.

2. Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

I believe in both, if you just continue to make like flat bet amounts, you give up a lot of opportunity for a nice win scenario. Like the player that makes 5 passes, and just bets a flat $5 on each one, or a place bettor, saying "same bet." over and over.

The only other scenario is, a regression strategy.....a large first bet, and regress on a win. The opposite of press, and parlay strategies.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

3. basicstrategy777, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:53 AM

basicstrategy777

To not increase your bets at some point is a mistake, IMHO.

Recapturing original bets ( or most of it), I think, is important ....from there, be like Columbus.

Your only chance to make money in this game is betting up on a long hand. Opportunities to make money are not that many....opportunities to lose money are many.....you need to take advantage of those times it's going good. Your nose will tell you.

4. KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Parlaying winners on the come out roll is one of the best ways to use "house money".

It is advisable to do this both on winning Do AND Don't come out winners, then avoiding odds when a second immediate winner (or a an immediate loser) does not happen.

If/when you win this parlayed bet, your $x becomes $4x - not too shabby, and at very little risk. Worst case scenario, a loss of $x out of the rail which you can call $2x if you wish, since the parlay consisted of your $x and another $x provided by the house.

As someone who parlays EVERY single come out winner at least once, I can tell you there are times when you will absolutely clean up, seeing one natural after another.

Pressing the place bets is quite a bit more risky, if you ask me. There are guys who will press their first hit and never see a second one, and other guys who do full press on their first two hits, then never see the third one. Seems to me that it is easier to lose what you have won pressing those place bets too aggressively. I have enough trouble seeing one hit with the damn things.