Setting deliberately or by feel

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by Dave G Ct, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Dave G Ct, Oct 14, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Yes thread is directed to DeMango, Top, G, TDB, Freddy, Eagleyes, and any other DI.

I am talking about setting your dice and placing them in that prelaunch position .Are you overly technical and try to make sure your fingers are so properly set with perfect finger pressure? Or do you put more reliance on having a very fluid toss and you donot even look at them except for the dice set and do it totally by feel?

Put me in the latter camp. Trying to make a perfect throw usually results in the opposite.

Any thoughts? I believe MP also falls into the camp

2. DeMango, Oct 14, 2019

DeMango

DeMango Member

I usually employ 1FF, so my finger is dead center, by feel, on the seam. If I ever go with 2FF diagonal UH, I square the dice combined edge down, pick up, flip wrist and UH we toss with dice rolling off fingertips.

3. tabletop123, Oct 14, 2019

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

I think that after many years of practice/play...Most Mechanical Tossers do things by feel.

4. lone irish digit, Oct 14, 2019

lone irish digit

This is Barney

Me and Eustace like to do things by feel although neither of us ever played the game of craps. On the other hands, the LID grasps and pickups dice by feel however according to him who is a finger tip player as opposed to a finger pad personage he knows exactly what angle to come into dices seam with tips that almost always results in most greatest release. He feels attacking dice at same tip angle for every toss is most important factor in getting consisted release. He says tip angle is even more important then even seam closure, finger height, finger pressure, or GSR (whatever that means).

5. KokomoJoe4, Oct 15, 2019

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

B,

Dave is NOT seeking advice on seeking pleasure.

It is nobody's business what you and Eustace do with yourselves under these circumstances, and if you choose to do it together, so be it. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    yacraps likes this.
  6. DeMango, Oct 15, 2019

DeMango

DeMango Member

Another positive thread trolled. Not that I mind that, trolls are on ignore. What I mind are the people that feed the trolls.

7. Dave G Ct, Oct 15, 2019

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

LID

Maybe place a call to Los Alina's and get DM on the line. We know where he stands. Told me had pages and pages of finger placement diagrams!

8. lone irish digit, Oct 15, 2019

lone irish digit

This is Barney

The nursing home attendants currently have the LID in timeout but he told me DM (aka Dice Mechanic) has developed with the aid of the Linaways an electro-laser finger placement device to aid neophyte DI in their practice. By using laser to input optimum placement coordinates the device will gently shock the DI personage with 165 volts when fingers are not in correct alignment and placement when dices are tossed. DM and Linaways see a good market for the device however it is not currently doing too well. Tabletops might be good candidate for the electro finger placement device (EFPD) since i hear it also alleviates headaches.

yacraps likes this.
Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.