small bankroll betting

Discussion in 'Bankroll Management' started by gemgo, Oct 10, 2009.

1. $nakeEye$, Nov 4, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Just out of curiosity -

What is your " strategy " with a $100 bankroll -

Assuming , of course , we are at a $5 table ? ..... $10 table ?

2. steelevo, Nov 15, 2011

steelevo

steelevo Member

I always play with a $100 bankroll, but never on a $10 table. One pass with odds is $20. Placing the 6&8 is $24. Playing conservitive you can last hours at a $5 table, unless you are an action player. Don't be afraid to play the don't if the table is rough. Don't be afraid to press if your winning. Just don't get too aggressive until you're playing with the house's money. Just my $.02.

3. peteydogg, Dec 5, 2011

peteydogg

peteydogg Member

This site is bogus Whats up?

4. peteydogg, Dec 16, 2011

peteydogg

peteydogg Member

Just wondering you cannot take odds on any place bets am I correct?

5. kaysirtap, Dec 16, 2011

kaysirtap

kaysirtap Member

Correct

6. $nakeEye$, Dec 17, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

WRONG and RIGHT !

With a place bet your ENTIRE bet is payed at almost true odds - with a come bet - your flat bet is paid 1-1 / while the odds portion is paid at true odds -

A place bet is more versatile than a come bet with odds -

The place bet can be removed in its entirety, can be increased or decreased at whim, where-upon the come bet ( flat portion ) is a contract bet -
    which is subject to the outcome / resolution of the hand / game -

A method which is invoked by Sam Grafstein in his book " The Craps Doctor " advises the bettor to " place bet " a number after it is thrown by the shooter -
    as opposed to making a come bet with odds -

Personally, unless I am the shooter, I refrain from Line and come bets - unless playing the darkside - because on the right side - the bets stay up until a resolution is achieved - the don't can be taken down at any time !

7. basicstrategy777, Dec 17, 2011

basicstrategy777

Pdogg....the passline and come bets are considered excellent bets to make. The reason is, on the comeout the odds are 1 to 2 and you get paid 1 to 1. Also, the house advantage on these bets are very low.....they are lower than place bets. Also, you get paid more than a place bet if you take more than 5 times odds on the passline bet or come bet (betting the same amount of money on each bet).. Also, both PL and Come bets have more than one chance to win ( place bet only has 1 chance ). Also, the come bet wins ( in come box)when a 7 is thrown and the place bet loses when a 7 is thrown.

You will have to decide for yourself if these bets should be used or not.

Oh....and a slight correction to $nakeEye$ comment about removing the Don't Pass Line bet while he is the shooter ; It cannot be removed.( only under one circumstance can it be removed )

8. playforpk, Mar 14, 2013

playforpk

playforpk Member

Could you elaborate on your "ev" comment - the line bet has a fixed ev but if odds are involved does that change the ev?

9. playforpk, Mar 14, 2013

playforpk

playforpk Member

This post interests me - I'm actually trying to answer the question - what is the "proper" bankroll for my betting pattern - this calculation asks the question in the opposite direction - you started with the bankroll and found the bust rate - I'm trying to calcuate the bankroll that would allow for a pre-determined bust rate.
    Have you ever done this type of simulation?
    Do you have any thoughts on why the mean outcomes didn't continue to approach zero with the higher odds in play?
    I don't understand what you mean by ave "bet handle" per session, could you clarify?
    Thanks!