the celebrity who refused to recognize gay marriage

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Liman, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Liman

Liman Member

this woman is becoming a celebrity, standing strong on her beliefs.

shed make a perfect DI tosser.

Unfortunately, while I admire her devotion to her faith, we are a land of laws, and without them, wed just be some third world nation.

2. DeMango, Sep 8, 2015

DeMango

DeMango Member

Yes and since we are no longer "One Nation Under God", and make up laws contrary to his Word, this is the feces that happens. Notice this feces started in 1962 and we haven't won a war since, piled up 18 trillion in debt, killed 50 million babies and now men marrying men. Do you think for one minute you will not pay the price? You will pay for this as surely as the seven is coming!

3. Dave G Ct, Sep 8, 2015

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Demango' a fellow conservative!

4. Liman

Liman Member

we are still the best country on earth to live in.

Onautopilot likes this.
  5. DeMango, Sep 8, 2015

DeMango

DeMango Member

For at least a period of time. Time is running out.

6. Liman

Liman Member

I wouldn't debate whether or not US is the best place to live, but I don't think this country would stop anyone from leaving if they were unhappy.

Onautopilot likes this.
  7. superrick, Sep 9, 2015

superrick

superrick Member

Without starting a war here and just pointing out a few things. To start with if you do believe in god, then are you all going to tell me that he made a mistake when he made homosexuals?
    Next up the church that always says love your fellow man, but then turns around and preaches hate.

If god made homosexuals, then how can the church say that they should be shunned?

Next up, if you have a large family I've been told that most likely you have someone that is gay in your family. My wife got to hold her girlfriends baby before she did passing herself off as grandmother.

When ----- was about 5 years old I told my wife that he was gay, by just looking at all of his mannerisms, well one day my wife gets a phone call many years later from her girlfriend saying that she didn't know what to do, her son came out and told her he was gay, his brother had a major problem with it and wasn't about to have a gay brother in the family.

I had a long talk to the both of them and pointed the same things I just did, and asked them both if before they found out that he was gay did they love him, of course the answer was yes, then I ask them what had changed when he told them about being gay.

They are a very normal family today, I do not judge anybody on their race or what sexual preference anybody has. When I lived here in Fla. we lived in one of the fasted growing gay communities in the country. The newspapers would write stories about our schools and tell everyone that if they wanted their kids in good schools, then then should move to Wilton Manors, because there were so few children in the schools.

We have friends in Vegas that are gay, there is nothing wrong with them they live a very productive life and have many friends that are not gay, everyone accepts them for what they are, we are not prejudice, nor our, our friends.

Again if god made us all like the church says in his image, there can't be anything wrong with anybody that is gay, white, black, or any other color.

Here is the good old USA we don't have to worry being put to death just because someone is gay, nor do we have to worry that because you were born an albino that the witch doctor will cut off a arm or leg so he can use it in some sick ritual.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/16/tanzania-humanrights

Think about what would happen if we all live in a different country were we didn't have the rights we have here.

8. black3car, Sep 9, 2015

black3car

black3car Member

I'm having a long talk with myself right now while I try to find my 10 foot pole. Thinking about touching this one but there is a big part of me saying NOOOO don't do it, don't touch this with a ....well you know the rest. May check back in later if I find my 10 foot pole. :)

9. superrick, Sep 9, 2015

superrick

superrick Member

Why not speakup. You have a right to your own opinion!

10. Liman

Liman Member

I don't think she ever questioned whether or not they are good people, as far as decent, nice to neighbors, nice to fellow human beings, she just feels its ungodlike for 2 men to wed each other.
    And I totally respect her faith and her beliefs.
    My main problem is that she chose a position, and was elected into it to serve the people, and if she knew beforehand she would not be able to serve ALL the people, she never should have taken or looked for this type of position.

keeping her in jail was just ridiculous.
    It must cost a grand a day to jail people.
    I don't know why she isn't fired, but I understand the way they think down there.
    Is that one of the states that its ok to marry your sister?
    Im wondering if she has a problem with that?

11. Liman

Liman Member

Im wondering if she ever needs a blood transfusion, or if her family has an accident and needs some type of transfusion, and it just so happens her emergency room doctor is a JW who doesn't believe in transfusions, would she sit by idly and say, well, ok, if that what you believe, Im ok with it, even if it means Im done.

12. black3car, Sep 9, 2015

black3car

black3car Member

Ok, A few things to get out of the way first. I am a Christian. That is, I believe God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. I believe the Bible is 100% without error and is God breathed. I believe God sent his only son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead on the 3rd day. I am a sinner. I also believe it is a personal relationship one has with God. It is personal, therefore, I do not preach my beliefs to others. I will discuss them but will not demean anyone for disagreeing. I will not say that someone else is going to hell for whatever reason. It is personal, end of story...now to move to the post I am replying to.

In my opinion, God was not the one that made the "mistake" when he "created homosexuals". He did not "create homosexuals". He created man, then woman to be there for man. We made the mistake when Adam and Eve did their thing in the garden and introduced sin in to the world. Homosexuality is a sin just like stealing, lying, cheating and the list goes on. This is where Christians make a mockery of our own selves. Christians are very critical of homosexuals when we ourselves need to look at the sin in our own life. Some chastise homosexuals and continue cheating on their spouse or fill in the blank with any number of sins. Homosexuality is no more or less "important" than any other sin. I have to steal a line used in the media. I hate doing that because it tends to put a label on someone or some thing, but...I have to say I believe in love the sinner, hate the sin.

I have to disagree with you with your "if then" statement of "if god made us all like the church says in his image, there can't be anything wrong with anybody that is gay, white, black, or any other color". You're right it started out that way when God created man and woman (Adam and Eve) but everything went south when Adam and Eve decide to express their free will and sinned against God. God did nothing "wrong", mankind did by going against God's will.

I agree with Liman where he states that "she chose a position, and was elected into it to serve the people, and if she knew beforehand she would not be able to serve ALL the people, she never should have taken or looked for this type of position".

Ok, now that I found my ten foot pole, there ya go. My opinion on this. Let the banter begin! :)

13. Liman

Liman Member

most people I know don't associate homosexuality with sins like stealing, etc.......as far as Im concerned, if two people want a life together married, I don't give a rats ass who marrys who, its none of my business.

theres a caption today of a woman cashier working in a big retail store telling the customer, sorry, due to religious beliefs I cant sell you condoms, youll have to go to aisle 4, but not 3, she wont ring up your ham due to religious beliefs.

and that about sums it up

14. black3car, Sep 9, 2015

black3car

black3car Member

I agree that most people, including Christians, don't associate homosexuality with "normal" sins such as stealing etc. From a Christian's stand point, how dare someone suggest that I sin as bad as homosexuals...which tends to make us Christians look rather foolish in my opinion. Again, in my case, I consider my relationship with God a personal one so I, like you, really dont give a rats ass who is "unioned" with who, for lack of a better term. I do however, care that a marriage is between a man and a woman. :)

That's exactly where the relationship with God is a personal one. I agree with you. If two people want a life together regardless of sex I have no dog in that fight. If they ask my opinion on the matter I will give it to them but I will not stick my nose in to their business. Where we may differ a bit is I don't want it called marriage. Marriage is a biblical principal so I use what the Bible teaches, it must be a woman and a man. If the states or the federal government want to call it a union or whatever else, have at it I don't care.

However, I would add that a minister shouldn't HAVE to officiate a "union" if he or she chooses not to. A federal employee such as a clerk, judge, etc should perform the "union" ceremony. I don't like the idea of a minister being REQUIRED by law to perform a "union" ceremony between two adults of the same sex.

15. Onautopilot, Sep 9, 2015

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Believe in anything you want, live your life anyway you want.....just don't try and influence my reality with your reality! And if you try and restrict my freedoms, and rights with your religious beliefs, you better get out your armor, because you will definitely have a fight on your hands!

You may put all your faith in God, I respect that! I put my faith in myself, what ever myself means, and if you can't respect that....you have a problem, not me!

As to the "gay' thing, two human beings exercising their sexual preferences, get used to it...ain't going anywhere! If your religion sees that as a sin, just don't get married to someone of the same sex, your problem with it is solved!

16. black3car, Sep 9, 2015

black3car

black3car Member

Can't disagree with anything you have said here. In addition, I agree with not restricting my freedoms and rights no matter what, not just using religious beliefs as a basis. I don't want them restricted using anything or anyone as a basis. :)

Onautopilot likes this.
  17. optimist415, Sep 9, 2015

optimist415

optimist415 Member

Hmmm there was in the news yesterday story about a Muslim stewardess who refused to serve airline passengers alcohol because it was against her religion.
    So we have a clerk refusing to issue marriage licenses based on her religion: a baker refusing to bake cakes for a gay couple based on religion and a stewardess refusing to serve alcohol based on her religion. Who do you think will get away unscaithed while the other two are punished?

18. Liman

Liman Member

uh, undercoverdicethug, with the candlestick, in the library.

19. DeMango, Sep 9, 2015

DeMango

DeMango Member

On the first quote: Wrong as the practicing Christian would never preach hate.

On the second quote: Rick do you have any medical evidence for this, you know the gay gene? Hasn't been found yet! And on this wrong assumption hangs the whole problem, there was no Adam and Steve.

20. Onautopilot, Sep 9, 2015

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

But surely you must believe that Steve came from Adam and Eve? But I suppose we all can justify our beliefs and realities in any way we care to....I know I do.