The power of believing.

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by Settingcanthurt, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Settingcanthurt, Feb 9, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Nothing in our existence has more influence, creates more or generates more then believing in ????

The question marks are like fill-in-the-blank with whatever one is impassioned about. People through out humanities existence, have taken great risks trying to prove something they believe in, but may not be easily seen, heard, felt, smelled, and they want to convince, for whatever reason, what they believe.

I have asked here more then once. What is a belief? It is abstract. is it dynamic? I think so.

So we make bets six sided cubes with little dots on them that I can toss these and they will come up with a particular number. Is betting a belief? Kind of. You can win the bet or you can lose the bet. It's dynamic.

Some believe they can make certain numbers outcome by a particular method of throwing the dice and in some instances they can. IF THE ENVIRONMENT IS CONTROLLED. Certainly it is within possibilities to bet some outcomes and be successful. We all know how certain outcomes have a mathematical example because we bet these outcomes. But still others believe they can create more "often" outcomes, with method, then without. Is believing enough? Better to believe then not. And about that environment. Those who control it "believe" they have thwarted any and all possibilities of methodically creating outcomes. They cover these bets. Is there a wrong and or a right here?? Sometimes depending on the outcome and which side you are on.

These beliefs are so strong in some they refuse to bet on a possibility of a outcome depending on whose turn it is. Are they right? We do not know because they are on the sidelines waiting for the right "whatever they believe".

I am in the middle of a simple negotiation that will complete tomorrow and it is what has me thinking about the power of belief and how it affects our world. After all, that is what this section on the board is all about. Belief

TDVegas, yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  2. Dave G Ct, Feb 10, 2020

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Great post Setting. One must have a quiet confidence when at the table implement ing ones betting and or shooting approach.

yacraps and TDVegas like this.
  3. TDVegas, Feb 10, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Very good post. Belief can be a strong draw in this game. It can also be dynamic. Good term as it applies to craps.

I would only caution not to over bet that belief unless there was compelling data to do so....and frankly, I don’t know of anyone here who is betting that belief as if it were a given....ie, namely, playing everyday to apply it to making money. A job or regular income, if you will.

The only time I heard the expression “playing for income”....."playing for part time work"....I don’t think it worked out for the 2 members out here who attempted it, to put it mildly.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  4. Settingcanthurt, Feb 10, 2020

Settingcanthurt

So today I managed a small transaction in which I sold a old Magazine for some righteous cash.
    Like setting your dice for a particular number and laying your cash on the line (place or contract) you must believe you can do it. or why would you? Belief was all part of this sale as the person who bought it, believed it was worth it right? Or why would he buy it?? Lotsa cash.
    Why does he believe this? Because of a couple things that I know of which are, is the earth round, or Flat??

Yes, someone in the magazine affected this buyers beliefs. They did it by their... wait for it... beliefs. Their beliefs also put something on the line that most / almost all of us would not do.
    These guys bet their lives.

They believed they could construct a sphere capable of ascending 10 miles into the sky, and survive. It was 1930/31 these two people got into this sphere and had a bag roped to it with Dow Chemical free hydrogen gas to fill it. They did not only believe, they were committed.

So they safely return after a ordeal which is chronicled everywhere. They took measurements probably some photos. Copious notes and made statements upon returning and this story was placed into Popular Science Magazine 1931 August edition. What they wrote, has today, a reported 70000 believers who meet regular, and report what they can.
    In the report there was a quote from the Scientist that he observed blue air or blue sky and other notes. Near the end the author describes the earth as a disk with upturned edges. You can read all about it. SO WHAT?

The 70000 believers of the Flat Earth society revel in this being the first eyewitness proof the earth is flat. I break it down to one page, a sentence, a few words giving this Magazine value.
    The price I let my copy go for is cheaper then other recent sold copies. I believed it was enough. Some got 200% more.

So how powerful is belief and what does it affect, I would have never never guessed. My buyer had $500.00 worth of belief. This is real mad money and It's hot and I believe I can do a seven set on come out, as I believe it has the best chance of showing up. Odds are.......

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  5. Settingcanthurt, Feb 10, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Ahhh The implementation. Lots of syllables Set for the seven shoot the whole wad....

yacraps likes this.
  6. lone irish digit, Feb 10, 2020

lone irish digit

This is Barney

This is exactly what Stormy said to the Trumpster.

yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.