Today is 9-11

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Pressit, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Pressit, Sep 11, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

IMG_0219.JPG History Channel had a 3 part series, "Road to 9-11", on what lead up to 9-11...so many chances missed or over looked going back over 10 years before this tragic event.

2. basicstrategy777, Sep 11, 2017

basicstrategy777

[​IMG]

In Nov 2002 the United States Congress and President George W. Bush established by law The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, also known as the 9/11 Commission.
    This independent, bipartisan panel was directed to examine the facts and circumstances surrounding the September 11 attacks., identify lessons learned, and provide recommendations to safeguard against future acts of terrorism.

The book, " The 9/11 Commission Report" is the authorized edition of the commissions final report. It is exactly 567 page long in small print. The first chapter is entitled..." We have some planes" .

yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  3. Settingcanthurt, Sep 14, 2017

Settingcanthurt

4. basicstrategy777, Sep 15, 2017

basicstrategy777

5. betwthelines, Sep 15, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

i had.

--------------------------------------------​

mythology is human culture. it may be true or false....but its truth or falsity is unimportant...only its virtue or its vice is important...we tell each other stories and then act them out.

certain things are real. not all is mythical, mostly just the important stuff. there are certain physical realities---visualize yourself squishing down your mother's birth canal, your soft skull squeezing inwards because evolution has not caught up with the size of your brain, hear the maternal screams because evolution has not caught up with the size of your brain, see the bloodstained slime that is no myth...nor is hard-nosed, honest science mythological...but with few such exceptions myth informs all human interaction

I am the last person on this bored to believe in conspiracy theories...frankly---and bragging a bit here---when they are congruent with or ratify my own beliefs i am all the more skeptical and wary.

honesty with oneself is a very good guiding principle.

the article above that settings linked is completely true, imo...or there is at least no reason to believe it is not...for one thing if heather penney is lying in the video shown, she is one damned, extraordinarily skillful liar.

for another thing the most trustworthy, honest person i have ever known in my life (god rest his soul) was called to washington dc on september 12, 2001 for his expertise.

he later told me the truth about flight 93 and it is not the important mythology of the matter.

whatever else you may take away from this explication make no mistake: the passengers on flight 93 of that day were true heroes, true american heroes and cell phone records prove it.

the mythology around flight 93 in the minutes after, in the hours, in the days, in the weeks, the months, the years, even today maybe has been a very important american mythology and serves the USA and even western culture well.

the orders to shoot down flight 93 came directly from vice-president dick cheney...even cheney's harshest and most hate-filled critics---and some of you might remember that he had plenty of those---did not dispute not only his de facto, which was palpable, but also his de jure authority to issue such an order.

those of you who have never been in the military might understandably not grasp all of the science fiction-like capabilities of these orgs...especially the us military...some of this stuff, even in 2001, makes that piece of chips and light emitting diodes in the palm of your hand or in your pocket look like a fucking mr potato head kit...

Think.

Think.

do you really think...do you really think that the fact of one (1) fighter jet, one (1) out of what? thousands? that one (1) that received cheney's order & was unarmed meant that that order was not carried out?

--------------------------------------------

my late, stalwart mentor & friend wore his super nut (tjp-speak for super bowl) ring with pride but he would be the first to tell you that it was one of the least important of things he hoped to accomplish.

soothsaying was in his bones and he told me the truth of flight 93...actually conspiracy theories around it are quite small in number as i believe they are in no one's vested interest...the mythology is powerful, has been, & probably still is, necessary.

when your great grandchildren (or maybe great, great in the case of some of you old farts) have their own children, i believe when they grow up, they too will know the truth about flight 93.

tom p

"reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"
    --philip k. dick, How To Build A Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later, 1978

Settingcanthurt likes this.