Toilet Paper - The GR8 D-B8.

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Night Attack, Mar 8, 2020.

1. twodicebilly, Mar 11, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

night

everything in California is a knee jerk reaction....people ruin California then get sick of what they created and
    then they migrate to Colorado, Idaho, and other states and ruin those.
    TDB

yacraps likes this.

2. Liman

Liman Member

night , don't understand it still, Costco website now in stock, limiting 2 packs per member,

here, on long island NY, the supermarkets are advertising sales on toilet paper, they are pushing it. Aisles still full, I guess they were ready for this. Lysol and Clorox wipes/products still iffy, but supplies come in every day.

Not sure what clean asses have to do with a virus that mainly attacks respiratory system. Media has tremendous control on people everywhere. I think they should try to convince the world there is a shortage on sardines, Id like to see 1000s of people rushing in to buy out sardines.

yacraps likes this.
  3. TDVegas, Mar 11, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I walked thru Red Rock today....and while the stock has lost some 60% of its value in 12 days, the place was fairly crowded. Sports book had a bunch. Slots and tables were busy enough. Not sure how busy or slow the strip is....but I’m really not seeing any “hunker down” mentality.

NCAA tourney just announced to play in empty arenas. Jeez....what a let down on the excitement meter. Empty arenas? For March Madness? Wow.

MisterInside and yacraps like this.
  4. MisterInside, Mar 11, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

5. TDVegas, Mar 11, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Scoped out my new “home”.

BCE05588-AC0F-45C4-83BE-198CA0712F83.jpeg

6. Liman

Liman Member

no more nba games. holy shit. no fans ncaa march madness. tv shows no audiences. Tom hanks and his wife test positive for corona in Australia. I wonder if tom and rita had to wait on lines to get toilet paper while there shooting a movie.
    banning all visitors from Europe, except uk. wowser......nothing like this has ever happened in my lifetime.

yacraps likes this.

7. Liman

Liman Member

since IM a city boy, Im curious, those homes out there in the desert, does each one of them have their own well dug for water? Im sure most of those homes are powered by solar?

yacraps likes this.
  8. TDVegas, Mar 11, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I believe they have their own well. As far as solar....some homes there do have solar.

Here’s a 2 acre site with only a 40 year old airstream....$635,000. It’s a bit rustic, but the land back there doesn’t come cheap.

https://m.estately.com/listings/info/14240-calico-basin-road--3

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  9. Night Attack, Mar 11, 2020

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Just as well you are up there in Wisconsin. I reckon Californians don't much like the cold.

yacraps and TDVegas like this.
  10. TDVegas, Mar 11, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

The Donner party was from the Midwest.....I don’t think they cared much for the cold either.

11. Night Attack, Mar 11, 2020

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I think people don't want to have to go without toilet paper if they are forced to stay indoors. They won't lose out as they will eventually use that toilet paper.

We also went by way of limits per customer and that's where we stand. Some stores have them behind the counter and you have to ask. They do this to avoid stampedes. Eventually demand will subside and supply will catch up and no one will be buying toilet paper for a while but I suppose that is dependent on how long it takes for medical science to get on top of this virus. It will definitely get worse before it starts to get better.

It's scary to think how humans will behave towards people who even sneeze in public. It is going to bring out the worst mankind I fear.

Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  12. TDVegas, Mar 11, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I saw a few people looking over their shoulders today with derision as a sneeze happened close by.

Uncharted territory. NBA canceled. NCAA essentially minimized. No travel from Europe. My thinking is Trump will eventually shut down all travel to the US.

Not sure how much is hysteria vs. good judgement. Tough to discern, frankly.

13. Night Attack, Mar 11, 2020

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Has the NBA officially cancelled the season or just suspended till further notice?

yacraps likes this.
  14. yacraps, Mar 11, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

..its spooky amazing what that cartoon has perceived

MisterInside and Settingcanthurt like this.
  15. yacraps, Mar 11, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

I don't think they even know yet..their talking about just the regular season for now and that could be a maybe

Night Attack likes this.
  16. yacraps, Mar 11, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

..pass the ribs...:oops:

17. TDVegas, Mar 11, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

AFAIK....only suspended. NHL could be next. We will know more tomorrow what they plan to do.

yacraps and Night Attack like this.
  18. Night Attack, Mar 11, 2020

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

19. Settingcanthurt, Mar 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

I actually mucked that up. Everclear is grain alcohol or ethanol. Wood grain ,methanol, can make you go blind but many alcoholics will drink it., both disinfect.

yacraps likes this.
  20. Settingcanthurt, Mar 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

I keep telling this to my kids. Both think it is being over blown but are waking up. Grand baby, 5 has a recital today. Wish they would cancel it. I'm staying home. Wife is going. By end of the day many more should be woke especially with some doing such stupid things. I have only 120 rolls of TP. If I use two a week it's a years supply. Neighbor calls me a pepper. He's right. Ol Boy Scout Motto prevails. Going out today and buying more dry goods, canned goods and beef for the freezer.. Going to make a loaf of bread today.
    Will not watch the news. Makes my throat dry. really weird. I just went thru a Zpac antibiotic last week so I feel really good. It is affecting everyone psychologically to some extent. Many are in panic mode. Sister in-law got distracted watching news and forgot her pan of grease on the stove.. Burned the microwave and fucked her her new Kitchen. Still she is lucky she had a Extinguisher on hand. Be Prepared. Pay attention.

yacraps likes this.