Toilet Paper - The GR8 D-B8.

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Night Attack, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Settingcanthurt, Mar 14, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Three Maryland Coronavirus Patients Make Full Recovery

Three people have made a full recovery after testing positive for the Chinese coronavirus in Montgomery County, Maryland, recently.

Friday, Montgomery County’s Chief Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles said the first three individuals in the state who tested positive for the virus have been able to resume their everyday lives, according to Fox 5.

The patients, a married couple in their 70s and another woman in her 50s, contracted the disease while traveling on an Egyptian Nile River cruise.

“I’m happy to report that the first three cases that were reported last Thursday have all cleared and have been cleared to return back to their normal daily life schedules,” Gayles said in a video on Twitter Friday.

“And the other three cases that we have are all doing well clinically. They’re stable and they are at home receiving supportive care,” he explained.

Saturday, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan’s Communications Director Mike Ricci announced on Twitter that there was a total of 26 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/14/three-maryland-coronavirus-patients-make-full-recovery/

yacraps likes this.
  2. Night Attack, Mar 14, 2020

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

If your supermarket still has stock of frozen vegetables, and that is something you use, go stock up,your favourite. I haven't been able to find any for a fortnight.

Mssthis1, Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  3. Settingcanthurt, Mar 14, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Was just checking on the Prednosone i have been on for the last ten days. I am definitely doing good and have been tapering it off but it weakens the immune system as I have been reading. Other anti-inflammatory also weaken the immune system. Back on the probiotics, fruits and veggies and other stuff to boost the immune system. Good article as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

site mostly sucs

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    yacraps likes this.
  4. yacraps, Mar 15, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

:cool::cool:...I try to eat them every day...my weakness is the hops and barley :) the article was cool

5. Mssthis1, Mar 15, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

My wife was on Prednosone 3 years ago and it almost killed her. Spiked her blood sugar so high it wouldn't even register on her meter. If you're diabetic try to avoid steroid medications if possible.

Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  6. Night Attack, Mar 16, 2020

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I was in my local supermarket tonight, not a huge one just a neighbourhood one but still a decent sized store, and I got there around 9pm. I thought I'd get there a little later to avoid the crowds since I didn't need any rice, pasta,, toilet paper nor did I expect to find any frozen vegetables.

Well there was no bread anywhere and I thought fair enough it is late in the day and fresh bread will arrive in the morning. Next thing I see, or don't see, is that all the pre packed chicken and meats were gonsky. You can add eggs to the list as well. Not one available for sale. Typically the supermarket will have stock of meats, chicken and eggs even late in the evening but not today.

Walking around to pick up a few other items I noticed that even sugar was looking rather thin on the shelves. I have no idea what the hoarders are up to. I also heard a week or two back that sales of freezers were up and wouldn't surprise me if these are sold out as well. Since most if not all come from China, that would be it I'd 's say for buying a freezer for the time being.

The more they shut the country down and also non essential businesses, the more people panic buy.

I saw on the news tonight that people were queuing for guns in LA. I can see that's going to end well.

yacraps likes this.
  7. Settingcanthurt, Mar 16, 2020

Settingcanthurt

8. Settingcanthurt, Mar 17, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Oregon Police Are Begging People to Stop Calling 911 If They Run Out of Toilet Paper

by Cristina LailaMarch 16, 2020

The fraudstream media is truly the enemy of the American people.

The media has whipped people into a frenzy of panic buying over the Coronavirus, resulting in a shortage of toilet paper.

Toilet paper has been cleaned out at Costco, Sam’s Club and smaller grocery store chains across the country.

Now people are dialing 911 and asking the police for help if they run out of toilet paper.

Police in Oregon begged people to stop dialing 911 if they found themselves without toilet paper.

“It’s hard to believe that we even have to post this. Do not call 9-1-1 just because you ran out of toilet paper. You will survive without our assistance,” Newport Oregon Police said in a Facebook post.

The police had some fun and offered residents alternatives to toilet paper if they were to run out.

“In fact, history offers many other options for you in your time of need if you cannot find a roll of your favorite soft, ultra plush two-ply citrus scented tissue,” the police said.
    “Seamen used old rope and anchor lines soaked in salt water. Ancient Romans used a sea sponge on a stick, also soaked in salt water. We are a coastal town. We have an abundance of salt water available. Sea shells were also used.”

“Mayans used corn cobs. Colonial Americans also used the core of the cob. Farmers not only used corn cobs, but used pages from the Farmers Almanac. Many Americans took advantage of the numerous pages torn from free catalogs such as Sears and Roebuck. The Sears Christmas catalog, four times thicker than the normal catalog, could get a family of three wiped clean from December through Valentine’s Day; or Saint Patrick’s Day if they were frugal.”

“Then, of course, there are always alternatives to toilet paper. Grocery receipts, newspaper, cloth rags, lace, cotton balls, and that empty toilet paper roll sitting on the holder right now. Plus, there are a variety of leaves you can safely use. Mother Earth News magazine will even tell you how to make your own wipes using fifteen different leaves. When all else fails, you have magazine pages. Start saving those catalogs you get in the mail that you usually toss into the recycle bin. Be resourceful. Be patient. There is a TP shortage. This too shall pass. Just don’t call 9-1-1. We cannot bring you toilet paper.”

Grocery stores have also been cleaned out of pasta, eggs, milk, flour and canned soup thanks to the hysteria caused by the media.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-calling-911-if-they-run-out-of-toilet-paper/

yacraps likes this.
  9. TDVegas, Mar 17, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Whole Foods....milk, dairy E2AFA823-55A7-420A-8E4F-CEB7B2FDD654.jpeg

yacraps and MisterInside like this.
  10. TDVegas, Mar 17, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Bananas....

5D48E235-E14C-46AD-A74C-24FBEA6FFE77.jpeg

11. Settingcanthurt, Mar 17, 2020

Settingcanthurt

What you are seeing is something I have spoken about. The Blackout of 2002. I was in Detroit when it happened. Within hours the shelves were all empty. This was a very big Meyers store in a northern suburb. It is the primary reason I spent hundreds of dollars on 25 year shelf life canned food. It's stacked up in my basement. This pandemic is not deadly enough that I will be getting into it. Unless this persists into June...

It's still available. Only thing I did not have was TP.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=eme...oAhWFWc0KHdZoCsAQsxh6BAgOECw&biw=1266&bih=565

yacraps likes this.
  12. TDVegas, Mar 17, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  13. Settingcanthurt, Mar 17, 2020

Settingcanthurt

yacraps and TDVegas like this.
  14. Settingcanthurt, Mar 17, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Beijing Expels Some Mainstream U.S. Media Journalists from China – and Hong Kong
    The Chinese Communist Party announced on Wednesday Beijing time that it would ban American citizen journalists from several mainstream publications from working in China, claiming it a “reciprocal” measure to the U.S. State Department limiting Chinese state media staff to 100 Chinese nationals per media outlet.

The Global Times, a Communist Party propaganda newspaper, listed the new provisions as follows:

First, in response to the US designation of five Chinese media agencies as “foreign missions”, China demands, in the spirit of reciprocity, that the China-based branches of Voice of America, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and Time declare in written form information about their staff, finance, operation and real estate in China.

Second, in response to the US slashing the staff size of

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020...s-media-journalists-from-china-and-hong-kong/

yacraps likes this.
  15. Mssthis1, Mar 17, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

Personally, I feel this is a bad idea. The US dollar is backed by nothing but faith. If the world loses faith in the dollar you may as well get ready for mad max after thunderdome.

yacraps likes this.
  16. TDVegas, Mar 17, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

It's a tough situation. These guys are grasping now for anything they think might help the short term economic impact. Maybe a better idea is to delay April 15 tax payments. That's not going to apply to all but for those who owe....it will at least delay the payments.

Maybe even a better idea is to temporarily suspend sales tax? Don't know.

yacraps likes this.
  17. yacraps, Mar 17, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member