We are at war, and we must fight

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Jul 15, 2020.

1. basicstrategy777, Jul 15, 2020

basicstrategy777

We in this country are in the midst of the fight of our life......the fight to save our country......we are no longer civilians but soldiers.......we must never give up and stand up and be counted.........I took the following from another board.....I liked it much and put it here for you to deliberate.

Do not worry yourself with dark imaginings. Turn your fear into resolve; turn that resolve into action. I am not going to be discouraged… check that…. I purposefully choose not to be discouraged.
    Each of us has the ability to control our thoughts.

Do, or do not… there is no room for try.

Live your best life, RIGHT NOW, and remember it’s the only one we have.

We live in the greatest nation on the face of the earth. We are the people of that nation, with boundless opportunities most of the world can only dream of.
    We are Americans….Stop giving the opposition power by positioning your outlook that they will do nothing…. just stop. Demand action. You are worth it. Do not give them an inch of room for obfuscation. Do not worry about being perceived as an a**hole about it.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”Joshua 1:9

Quit listening to those who say “can’t” and “won’t”…If they feel comfortable sitting in their socially distant box and bitching about all things that are not right, or might be not be right…. Or, if they prefer to allow themselves to be overcome with dark imaginings simply because what cannot be done is more comfortable than the effort to oversee what needs to be done…. well, that’s okay.They can do that.And when they are done doing that they’ll still be in the same place.But I swear you this: I am a professional cynic, yet I am more confident than ever.The goal is in sight.. a blinding light… and it cannot be avoided. Recent events have only confirmed this to be true. All around you, in your neighborhood, village and hamlet, are people who are just like you; find them. Rally to the standard.We are on the right side of history.

Do, or do not, there is no try.We are being guided. It is rather remarkable.

King Henry V – Shakespeare[…] “In peace there’s nothing so becomes a manAs modest stillness and humility:But when the blast of war blows in our ears,Then imitate the action of the tiger;Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,Disguise fair nature with hard-favour’d rage;Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;Let pry through the portage of the headLike the brass cannon; let the brow o’erwhelm itAs fearfully as doth a galled rockO’erhang and jutty his confounded base,Swill’d with the wild and wasteful ocean.Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,Hold hard the breath and bend up every spiritTo his full height. On, on, you noblest English.Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,Have in these parts from morn till even foughtAnd sheathed their swords for lack of argument:Dishonour not your mothers; now attestThat those whom you call’d fathers did beget you.Be copy now to men of grosser blood,And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,Whose limbs were made in England, show us hereThe mettle of your pasture; let us swearThat you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;For there is none of you so mean and base,That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,Straining upon the start. The game’s afoot:Follow your spirit, and upon this chargeCry ‘God for Harry, England, and Saint George!’

yacraps likes this.
  2. twodicebilly, Jul 15, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

you posted.....“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”Joshua 1:9

Titus 2:7-8 ESV / 32 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
    Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about you.

tdb

yacraps likes this.
  3. basicstrategy777, Jul 15, 2020

basicstrategy777

TDB.....fair enough and reasonable...........but understand this......as a jesuit trained lad, I had to read works of Aristotle....in one of his writings Nicomachean Ethis,, he writes about the one quality you must possess before all others, before you can have your other quaities/virtues come to pass..........that quality is Courage..........

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others.

Aristotle

In addition to your quote.........one must be bold....you must have courage....you must put to the sword those that do not yield to your kind/just words and good works, that you mentioned.......in a rational world with fairminded opponents ....your quote works....we are past that.

Like Mencken said ( and I love this quote)
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

Some people are a cancer and not redeamable....they must be carved out and eliminated, before they eliminate you.............some pseudo-intellectual people make things difficult and get caught in the weeds of bullshit words and conveluted logic........I like problems to be reduced to a simple statement, that can be solved by a simple solution..........you can refine it later after I fix the problem.

yacraps likes this.
  4. twodicebilly, Jul 15, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

With all due respect, and i mean that....Trump is no solution, he will only give
    us a couple more years of things getting far worse and in the end we will have lost
    everything.

Lets make our party back into to what it used to be, what it used to stand for and if that
    is what we really think it is, lets fight with that.

The dem party is corrupt, what do we gain and for how long will we have it if we allow
    ourselves to be as corrupt as they are, as dishonest as they are, as hateful as they are
    and as lacking in morals and character as they have become.???????
    that is where Trump is taking us.

TDB

5. basicstrategy777, Jul 15, 2020

basicstrategy777

you know....the rep party is starting to piss me off......they don't back their leader at all.....they just stand around and don't say or do anything, it seems to me......where were they during these riots........I'd shit can both sides to be honest with you..........at least trump takes a position and goes with it.....these friggin' politicians only do/say what will get them elected...period.......they need to plant their flag in the ground and take a stand....whatever it is.

yacraps likes this.
  6. MisterInside, Jul 15, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

Fucking outrageous. Nobody is standing up against these anarchists. They're all pussies. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they fought back, regardless of the lack of support from local politicians. Is this the way the country we grew up in is going to end? It sure looks like it.

Meanwhile, record gun sales are being recorded. Why? Two reasons. 1) White America fears the left will take the guns when they take power; 2) White America doubts the ability and resolve of local police to protect them when the going gets real.

upload_2020-7-15_17-41-38.png

7. Settingcanthurt, Jul 15, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Just curious Billy if not Trump then who? Who would you choose?? Your favorite bestest nomination. WHO??

yacraps likes this.
  8. twodicebilly, Jul 15, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Setting

Thar is type of question i would expect from you, change the subject instead
    of facing it head on.

So i will ask you a question with twoparts.

1.... what will happen if Trump is elected???
    what will happen if Biden is elected ???

Forget about the nonsense you spread on here everyday...

what do you actually think ???? because one of those will happen
    in about 113 days

TDB

9. Settingcanthurt, Jul 15, 2020

Settingcanthurt

No one to choose eh! No one better then Trump? OK I get it.
    So to answer yours ... No "if" about it. Trump will be reelected. That mutes the next fantasy question.
    What will happen when he is reelected? Cant wait to see. In the mean time we can watch this?
    He is addressing the libturds desires. he is going to address what they are doing.

Trump plans to send federal authorities into cities to break up 'war zone' of violence

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...horities-cities-break-/?utm_source=whatfinger

yacraps likes this.
  10. von duck, Jul 15, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

What's he waiting for, like, the last week in October? :)

11. twodicebilly, Jul 15, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

your right, they are not worth a darn, but after what Trump did to Sessions, there is not 5
    rep senators that would really stand behind Trump.

Trump made his bed.....time to lie in it.

TDB

12. yacraps, Jul 16, 2020

yacraps

yacraps Member

yes stand hard in your shoes and strong in your convictions

13. Settingcanthurt, Jul 16, 2020

Settingcanthurt

1/2 OF STATES LOCKDOWN BASED ON MASSIVE, HIGHLY COORDINATED & FRAUDULENT CASE # REPORTS

yacraps likes this.
  14. Settingcanthurt, Jul 16, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Video: BLM Mob Got Shipment Of Bats Before Attacking Police On Brooklyn Bridge
    Video Shows BLM Protesters Get Shipment Of Bats Before Brooklyn Bridge Brawl
    NY Post July 16, 2020:

Surveillance video from outside City Hall appears to show protesters receiving a small shipment of bats before anti-cops activists clashed with officers on the Brooklyn Bridge Wednesday morning.

The delivery was made by a car parked on the street near City Hall, with one man seen retrieving six bats from the trunk, according to the footage provided by sources.

Police sources said the bats were delivered so the anti-cop activists could confront a “unity” rally proceeding over the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan.

The unity rally included clergy, law enforcement and community activists.

It’s unclear if the City Hall protesters used the bats in the wild Brooklyn Bridge brawl between opposing protesters. But at least one was recovered after the dust settled, police sources said.

A cane was also used in the melee, with one counter-demonstrator seen on video using the object to whack cops over the head during the melee on the bridge.

In all, four cops, including Chief of Department Terence Monahan — the NYPD’s highest-ranking uniformed officer — and one civilian were injured in the clash, sources said.
    The NYPD said 37 people were arrested.

Article posted with permission from Pamela Geller

yacraps likes this.
  15. von duck, Jul 17, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

Back to the "National Inquirer" ? Did you see the six foot long grasshoppers, They're gonna unleash? :)

16. basicstrategy777, Jul 19, 2020

basicstrategy777

17. von duck, Jul 19, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

CDC has named Nevada a covid-19 "red zone". If that wasn't enough, now I understand , that there have been sightings of mountain lions, in some suburbs. :confused: :cool: What else has Karma got up her sleeve? :)