Where's the Fu...kin National Rifle Association?

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Dave G Ct, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Dave G Ct, Jul 11, 2020

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

St Louis homeowner gets his gun taken away after standing up to BLM trash who invaded their property.Not a peep out of National Rifle Association! What good is it if it does not stand up for citizens who are defending their lives and property.

yacraps likes this.
  2. random_roller, Jul 11, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

Very hard for me to feel any empathy for ambulance chasers -- especially glorified ones such as the McCloskeys.

http://www.mccloskeylaw.com/Attorney-Profiles.aspx

As for the NRA, I have never agreed with the organization's bullshit slippery slope argument regarding "gun control" and the 2nd Amendment. What a joke -- and I say this as a FOID (Firearm Owner ID) card holder. But that's a different discussion for another time. I doubt the NRA wants to get involved with this political hot potato. Think about it -- a wealthy white couple *** standing outside their home (albeit still on their property) in a private gated enclave*** brandishing guns, with at least one being pointed at BLM protestors. IMO, the issue here is one of criminal law (and public perception), not the couple's right to bear arms. Besides, the NRA has far bigger issues that need its immediate attention, such as funneling money in a less obvious way in order to satisfy the non-partisan spending requirements of being a tax exempt 501(c)(4) organization.

BTW, per the link below, the McCloskeys have apparently changed attorneys from Albert Watkins (name partner at Kodner Watkins) to Joel Schwartz (name partner at Rosenblum Schwartz & Fry).

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...t-louis-couple-who-pulled-guns-black-n1233583

Perhaps the McCloskeys' apparent decision to change attorneys was made in anticipation of possible criminal charges being filed against one or both of them as a result of their alleged actions during the recent BLM protest that took place in their exclusive neighborhood.

Check out the profile of the attorneys at Kodner Watkins:

https://www.kwklaw.net/attorneys

Now check out the profile of the attorneys at Rosenblum Schwartz & Fry:

https://rsflawfirm.com/Firm-Overview/

Notice anything familiar with the personnel at the 2 law firms? Hmmm....

If you said there are 15 people at each firm, you get a cookie for not being an enumerate. Congratulations.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    yacraps likes this.
  3. lone irish digit, Jul 11, 2020

lone irish digit

This is Barney

This is a forum of the craps. There are no enumerates here only a bunch of fu..kin innumerates.

yacraps and random_roller like this.
  4. random_roller, Jul 12, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

Dammit, alone with rash and diggit, I mean, Barney, quit being a Koch sucker. Can't I butcher the English language -- like the current President has done countless times on Twitter -- without being bullied or ridiculed? :D:rolleyes:

Butchering Languages Matters (or Bad Linguistics Meaningful), right?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  5. Dave G Ct, Jul 12, 2020

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Those protestors said they were going to kill them and their dog .

6. Mssthis1, Jul 12, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I'm staying out of this one. Neither of those two had any clue how to handle a gun and the NRA is just another creature in the same swamp as the politicians they make deals with.

The guy was obviously left handed and anyone who has ever shot an AR-15 knows you can't shoot them left handed without modifications to keep the brass out of your face. I haven't been able to find a picture of the ejector side to see if it has a brass deflector or not. If I would have to guess with the evidence I've seen, he's never shot that weapon.

Unless they have compelling evidence that their life was in danger they'd probably be charged with a felony here in Iowa since their life wasn't in immediate danger. Iowa is a stand your ground state.

"708.6 Intimidation with a dangerous weapon.
    A person commits a class “C” felony when the person, with the intent to injure or provoke
    fear or anger in another, shoots, throws, launches, or discharges a dangerous weapon at,
    into, or in a building, vehicle, airplane, railroad engine, railroad car, or boat, occupied by
    another person, or within an assembly of people, and thereby places the occupants or people
    in reasonable apprehension of serious injury or threatens to commit such an act under
    circumstances raising a reasonable expectation that the threat will be carried out.
    A person commits a class “D” felony when the person shoots, throws, launches, or
    discharges a dangerous weapon at, into, or in a building, vehicle, airplane, railroad engine,
    railroad car, or boat, occupied by another person, or within an assembly of people, and
    thereby places the occupants or people in reasonable apprehension of serious injury or
    threatens to commit such an act under circumstances raising a reasonable expectation that
    the threat will be carried out."

7. Dave G Ct, Jul 12, 2020

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Did the protestors have weapons?

8. random_roller, Jul 12, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

The State of Misery, uh, Missouri has some of the most lax gun laws in the US. Rumor has it a person in state of misery who can correctly spell 'GED' can qualify to be a gun owner unless specifically deemed (e.g., underage, convicted felon) or adjudicated (e.g., found by a court to be incapacitated) ineligible. Note that there is no requirement for the gun owner to actually have a GED, but only being able to correctly spell 'GED'. A recent Misery court ruling also clarified that under applicable statutes, a gun owner cannot be an enumerate (that's known as recall, Barney).

In addition to facing possible charges of assault, the McCloskeys might have violated Missouri law even though the state allows (with few limitations) open & permitless concealed carry and has an expanded Castle Doctrine ("stand your ground"). Per Missouri statute 571.030:

  *571.030.Unlawful use of weapons — exceptions — penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons, except as otherwise provided by sections 571.101 to 571.121, if he or she knowingly:

  (4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=571.030

We'll see how this plays out for the McCloskeys. From what I've seen in the videos that have been posted online, their actions that day could be construed as throwing gas on a fire; fortunately, things didn't escalate and end up far worse (for them and the protesters). In the end, it makes me feel good that a couple of ambulance chasers have to spend some of their own money on legal fees. Hopefully it's a sizeable amount.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  9. Mssthis1, Jul 12, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

That's my conclusion also. Unless your life is in imminent danger you can't point a gun at someone. The lady is lucky she didn't get plugged.

+1

I don't necessary believe anything I see from the Daily Beast but they have an article out today that this couple is pair of real life Karens and have been fined in the past for frivolous complaints within their HOA.

10. random_roller, Jul 12, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

Weren't you trained *NOT* to point a gun at another person unless you intended to pull the trigger (justifiably, in self-defense/defense of others)? It takes more than just threatening words allegedly said by protestors in order to be able to successfully assert a claim of self-defense/defense of others, especially one that involves the use of deadly force.

Whether any of the protestors were carrying guns, who really knows? Missouri is a permitless concealed carry state, so it's definitely a possibility. Then again, if a protestor at the scene of that incident was actually carrying a concealed gun, what would be the basis of a claim by the McCloskeys of imminent death/great bodily harm to them by that person? It's a concealed (unseen) weapon at that point.

yacraps likes this.
  11. random_roller, Jul 12, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

12. random_roller, Jul 12, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

Aw, perhaps they learned from watching movies & TV shows. You mean Hollywood usually doesn't portray proper technique for handling/shooting guns? I'm shocked and so disappointed, lol.

13. Settingcanthurt, Jul 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

He should have had his weapon on a 2 point sling hanging on his front. \She should have had hers holstered both using hand gestures and loud commands to the mob. That being said they may as well have been holding them at the ready yet not pointed at the mob. We don't know.
    We also do not know how threatened they were.
    What I had originally heard, the mob was approaching their position with loud verbal threats. They had already ripped down a big gate and came in in big numbers.
    Now I do not care who you are but if a mob approaches you and you are obviously armed, then it is a threat. I will not be the guy who allows persons to get within arms reach of my weapon. It's coming up, and the warnings will be projected one time as I back away a couple steps to keep from arms reach. Once they reach the point of my original stand their intent is clear. Only one choice at this point. Retreat to inside?? Let em burn you out? Destroy your property??

It will be very interesting to see what the NRA has to say about this confrontation. Clearly these two have had zero NRA gun training.

yacraps likes this.
  14. Mssthis1, Jul 12, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I would highly recommend anyone who is going to posses a weapon for anything more than hunting or collecting to take a class or get some knowledge from a professional on your legal requirements, how to portray yourself in daily life and what is actually legal or not if you ever use it.

That innocent joking comment you made on a message board 10 years ago that you'd mess someone up if you met them on the street or they came in your yard could be used against you in court if you ever do use a weapon on another person, justified or not.

15. Settingcanthurt, Jul 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Most important words to remember as a gun owner.
    Amazing how much your life will change when you pull that trigger.

yacraps likes this.
  16. random_roller, Jul 12, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

From the video I have seen, none of the protestors got close to either McCloskey at any time during the confrontation. It is also painfully apparent the McCloskeys lack proper firearms training and/or decided to disregard what they had learned. Furthermore, it is interesting -- and perhaps telling -- none of the other neighbors in that gated enclave experienced similar problems that day with those protestors (and vice-versa). At least nobody (residents, protestors) has reported any additional incidents.

17. Settingcanthurt, Jul 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Recent as well

yacraps likes this.
  18. random_roller, Jul 12, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

That's where the NRA can step up and deliver by using its influence to get appropriate legislation passed. Anyone procuring a firearm must successfully complete an approved firearms safety and responsibility course within, say, 60 days of said (initial) procurement. The group that concerns me are those who obtain a firearm and remain oblivious to the rights, responsibilities and potential consequences associated with gun ownership. When I hear/read a 3 year old child has shot himself/herself while playing with a gun he/she found, I know the real culprit responsible for the tragedy is almost certainly the dumbass who didn't have/adhere to proper firearms training. Why anyone would oppose such mandatory firearms training is beyond my comprehension.

19. Settingcanthurt, Jul 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

This is that slippery slope you don't believe in.
    Who is to judge "successfully complete an approved firearms safety and responsibility course"?

I mean REALLY WHO is to judge?
    In the meantime the citizen who has broken no laws is deprived of defending herself?

Who approves the course? According to who is it appropriate?
    Do you suppose all of a sudden there will not be a agenda pushing these laws? You Betcha.

The camels nose under the tent.

There will be no end to the laws and regulations until gun ownership is impossible. If you do not believe me then look to Canada, England Austrailia all which did as you suggest.

One fact you need to always remember.
    In Communism only the Government is allowed to possess guns. Undeniable.

If anyone likes this they can move there.

yacraps likes this.
  20. Settingcanthurt, Jul 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Mirror time

So because you disapprove of their work they do you have less empathy for them being illegally disarmed then say a Black Jack dealer? Or whatever???

More slippery slope.

yacraps likes this.