Why do most players lose at craps?

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by KokomoJoe4, Feb 9, 2020.

1. KokomoJoe4, Feb 9, 2020

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

There could be as many opinions on this as there are responders. I think that the most important factors are multiple at a time wagers, wagers on very high HE bets, and abandonment of contract bets in favor of place and buy bets.

Remember, the contract bets are the reason WHY the player has a 49.3% chance to win at this game.

yacraps and TDVegas like this.
  2. random_roller, Feb 9, 2020

random_roller

random_roller Member

Craps is a negative expectations game, so the deck is dice are already stacked against the players. That aside, IMO timing is the single biggest determinant as to whether one wins or loses in the long run. Joining a craps table just as it is heating up and leaving before it cools off is what all of us strive for. Unfortunately, there is no surefire way of determining in advance when this will happen. Making low HE bets and not having too many simultaneous bets can help reduce exposure/losses, but IMO more often than not that alone cannot overcome bad timing (e..g., playing at a lousy table).

Not being (too) greedy is also a factor.

yacraps and TDVegas like this.
  3. TDVegas, Feb 9, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Correct, with that in mind....

If one plays regularly, high house edge wagers, too many bets at risk of 7, seriously bad bankroll management are the 3 MAIN things I see that wipe out players. Chasing losses is another doom move.

I can play this game tight. That’s the best I can do. Sometimes it works in my favor, sometimes not.

I firmly believe....and I really don’t care how low the payouts are, if you want a long term chance and plan to play REGULARY....play this game with the house edge as close as possible to zero and try and make money with parlay wins.

The flip side is I’ve seen what I term high risk wagering turn $200 into $2,400 a few days ago.

My answer is based on mine and your belief as well....that craps is a random, negative expectation game. DI is another ballgame of answers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    yacraps likes this.
  4. Settingcanthurt, Feb 9, 2020

Settingcanthurt

DING DING DING DING DING.................

Show me RANDOM!!!!!!

yacraps likes this.
  5. eagleeye2, Feb 9, 2020

eagleeye2

eagleeye2 Member