WHY I NEVER PLAY THE COME IN CRAPS

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by Craps Poopshoot, May 30, 2016.

1. Edward-ky, Aug 2, 2016

Edward-ky

Edward-ky Member

James check for a screw loose behind the keyboard. Or it could be a ID 10 T error.

2. The Midnight Skulker, Aug 2, 2016

The Midnight Skulker

Ditto here on my desktop. I have had problems with other files, though, most recently with LID's deleted then reposted pic on another thread.

3. TDVegas, Aug 2, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Bavaria...?

superrick likes this.
  4. The Midnight Skulker, Aug 2, 2016

The Midnight Skulker

In the specific case where you Place 9 and I make a Come bet, both of us for $5, and the 9 rolls twice, then you will indeed win $14 while I win only $5. However, for you to win that $14 specifically 9 has to roll immediately and then again without an intervening 7; for me to win my $5 7 or 11 has to roll only once, or any point number established has to roll again without an intervening 7. Granted, I can lose my $5 to a comeout craps while you are still in to win with your Place bet, but twice as often as that happens I am home and dry with a comeout natural while your $5 is still at risk or already lost. Given my tardy response -- it's taken me all day to wade through the 15 pages I missed in the last four -- I will leave it to the number runners to run the numbers, but do you seriously believe your profit from double wins is expected to be greater than my single wins?
    No, you didn't, and that is why your "analysis" is worthless.

Long before we were acquainted my wife attended and recorded a talk given by a prominent sci-fi author -- Harlan Ellison is my best recollection. He was recounting how he painted himself into a corner while writing one story, getting his hero captured and imprisoned with no way to escape. Faced with an impossible situation he got his hero out by starting a new chapter with the words, "After escaping ..." Me thinks your logic is similar.
    Seriously?! :eek: In a thread titled "WHY I NEVER PLAY THE COME IN CRAPS", in a thread in which the superiority of Place bets to Come bets has been championed a large number of times, many of those times by you (though I lack the interest to count), you claim you are doing nothing more than stating the obvious while making no comment on which bet is better?! Sorry, I'm a hard sell on that one.
    That statement is incorrect. See above, particularly the part about natural winners.
    Fort Polk, LA, January of 1965. During the practice run I had it all worked out how I was going to avoid the puddles in the starting trench. Got distracted by the tracers during the actual run that night and
    stepped in every one of the damn things I'll wager!
    TDVegas was not sufficiently interested to make the trip to Mesa, and neither am I. If you were to come up my way and give me enough lead time I might find enough interest to see you shoot...or I might not. Where I part company with some of your detractors is that I don't care whether or not you can achieve what you claim to be achieving. (BTW we settled on "precision shooting" in The Before Time, an original suggestion by one who called himself ausound.) I have no evidence either for or against your alleged skill; whether you do or do not possess such skill does not affect me in any way, and I am indifferent as to how truthful you are.

Well, maybe I'm not totally indifferent. You claim your skill makes you a player superior to me. If the truth of that claim ever becomes an issue then I will indeed require a credible demonstration of that skill either to me personally or to a trusted third party. Until then I will take you at your word, though I trust you will grant me some skepticism.
    I believe that the sheer volume of anecdotal evidence suggests some shooters may be able to effect non-random results, but I know of no credible concrete evidence thereof. Hence the burden of proof would seem to fall on those claiming the skill.

I have mentioned before that there is no way I can dunk a basketball in a standard basket; I am simply too short and too heavy. Nevertheless, I have seen it done, therefore I know it is possible -- just not for me. To accept dice influencing / precision shooting / derandomizing / rhythm rolling / Hallinization / ... as an attainable skill I would have to see some statistically significant proof.

5. FredP

FredP Member

Yup. Neuschwanstein castle. I took the shot from the Marion Bridge behind the castle.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Onautopilot and TDVegas like this.
  6. Edward-ky, Aug 3, 2016

Edward-ky

Edward-ky Member

How many people on all these forums have claimed being a successful DI? Now out of these people have claimed this how many have shown any proof of this skill?

7. Edward-ky, Aug 3, 2016

Edward-ky

Edward-ky Member

Well we will have to exclude TD we know he is a BI and has proven with pictures on more then 1 occasion.

8. James Hall, Aug 3, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

with everything I have read on this forum today
    I am forced to wonder , "WHAT THE SUICIDE RATE MUST BE AMONG RANDOM PLAYERS"
    it would be interesting to know , I have seen a couple of heart attacks , and one nervous break down.
    That side of the game must be awful

9. Edward-ky, Aug 3, 2016

Edward-ky

Edward-ky Member

Ignorance is bliss!

10. Onautopilot, Aug 3, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Wow, some of the self proclaimed DI's say they rest of us are, stupid, dumber than a rock, living lives of desperation, in a state of chosen poverty, uneducated, and a few other choice observations......but now, we hear talk of a "suicide" rate, and it must be just awful to be playing the game we love.

Seems like I am hearing a "self analysis", of a few delusional individuals, with an insecurity that needs recognition and applause, just to survive.

Sad...................

HornHiYo, FredP and Edward-ky like this.
  11. Robchell, Aug 3, 2016

Robchell

Robchell Member

12. Twelve4s, Aug 3, 2016

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

I am an RI, and here is my proof,

image.jpeg

TDVegas likes this.
  13. Bases loaded, Aug 3, 2016

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

Robchell, Happy 5 year anniversary!

We have members that post 1000 times a week. Your restraint is admirable!

Good luck to you, and have fun!

14. Twelve4s, Aug 3, 2016

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

I am an OTBI, and here is my proof,

image.jpeg

Always bet on "Abets Abet!"

image.jpeg

Paid $11.20. Whoopee!

15. Liman

Liman Member

I've only been accused of murdering the tables now and then
    See I actually play the game of craps unlike you

Edward-ky likes this.
  16. random_roller, Aug 3, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

If you got rid of the bread and the cheese & sauerkraut, now you're talking!

Twelve4s likes this.
  17. Twelve4s, Aug 3, 2016

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

To be a true Rueben influencer, ya gotta swallow the whole enchilada. I beleieve that's a mixed metaphor ?

18. Onautopilot, Aug 3, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Not often, but that is one of the treats I allow myself when I find a place that does them justice!

19. TDVegas, Aug 3, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

How would you know any "side" of the game when you don't play?

20. random_roller, Aug 3, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Hmmm...you mentioned swallowing Reuben's whole enchilada? :D

Perhaps the wrong forum?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    FredP and Twelve4s like this.