WTF

Discussion in 'Housekeeping' started by eurcalcat, May 23, 2017.

1. eurcalcat, May 23, 2017

eurcalcat

eurcalcat Member

WTF is going on here..??

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  2. KokomoJoe4, May 23, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Please elaborate.

Nothing to a lot, depending on one's perceptions.

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  3. TDVegas, May 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

We've been overtaken by some kind of hyroglifics...

Jacob might be sleeping in..

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    yacraps likes this.
  4. yacraps, Jun 3, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Twelve4s and MisterInside like this.
  5. Twelve4s, Jun 4, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Great question.

Don’t expect an answer. Hall is in Vegas, out of the office, making a withdrawal.

yacraps likes this.
  6. basicstrategy777, Jun 7, 2018

basicstrategy777

It appears like Jacob ain't tryin' too hard....based on what is going on.....he needs help.

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.

7. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

@777 there is stuff going on behind the scenes but it would be unwise of me to talk about the details with you publicly. I do resent the accusations that I've given up or am not trying hard enough to stop it though.

If you cant tolerate the avalanche of spam, my suggestion would be to change your browsing routine a bit and not visit this site between 2:00-8:00 AM Pacific until I figure out a good way to block this bot.

8. basicstrategy777, Jun 8, 2018

basicstrategy777

Jacob.....I'm just letting you know how I feel about this...it's been going on a while. I'm sure you don't want Yes men around kissing your butt. Take my criticism as you will.

As long as you are working on it and come up with a good solution.....that's good enough for me. Make sure the kill shot is somewhat permanent.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    yacraps likes this.
  9. yacraps, Jun 8, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Hi Jacob...I think you know how I feel about you and this wonderful sight you have created...but sir I feel 777s and others frustration when you cant even reply to a message and its only cause you have spoiled us with this wonderful forum.. and I know you do this for are entertainment that is so precious of you.. so lets all take a breath and get through this..Jacob I just wanted you to know something that may help you (maybe)and that is the server errors sir were here way before the spam started the spam is just making it more difficult for you probably..I cant even do text messages so who am I to even delve into to your heart ache and you do it all for us for free..your a neat guy..so where I am going with this its not just the spam thats the problem which you probably already know I sent a PM to you a while back that should have a date and the server problems started even before the date of PM..this paragraph is probably useless just thought I let you know thank you again for this excellent forum I have had the chance to banter with some beautiful people and of coarse sir you especially included ;)

basicstrategy777 and Twelve4s like this.

10. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

Yup, personally I find the buggy server to be much more annoying than the spam, but it's a much more involved fix.

Finding and migrating the site to a new host, upgrading the forum software to the latest version, scrubbing the database clean of a bunch of unnecessary legacy crap in it from a decade ago, and redoing the skin and other mods on the new software is a big undertaking. There's also some stuff going on in my real life that complicates the task even further, which is part of the reason I've avoided it so far. Thought about hiring someone to do all this, but I have a hard time justifying the expense.

I really don't mind people venting about the site. I'm well aware it is frustrating to use, and frankly I'm surprised we haven't lost more members because of it. Feel free to complain about the spam and errors all you want, that is fair game. I know I'm the only one with the power to fix things here, but when the criticism starts taking aim at me for not running a free site to your standards is when I start to get annoyed.

11. yacraps, Jun 9, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Thank you Jacob for your response this should clear up many questions..you make sure and take care of your life and family first ;)....us crapshooters will always be here :)

12. crispcem, Jun 27, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Hey Jacob! I haven't had any problems at all posting the last month or so, everything running well. No complaints from me (except you didn't accept my beer money) :D Thanks for offering us such a great forum! Bring back the paypal donate button!

13. basicstrategy777, Jul 5, 2018

basicstrategy777

Jacob....gave it a little time to see if you cured the chink problem......looks like you did it....good job.......it's good not to see all that noodle writting every friggin' day.

I'm with crispycream, bring back the beer money button.

yacraps likes this.